Who We Need & What You'll Do
Passionate climatologist with a strong understanding of climate change and business reporting regulations to support the continued development and role out of AccuWeather for Business ClimateReady offerings. Who We Are
AccuWeather, recognized and documented as the most accurate source of weather forecasts and warnings in the world, has saved tens of thousands of lives, prevented hundreds of thousands of injuries and tens of billions of dollars in property damage. With global headquarters in State College, Pennsylvania; a severe weather center in Wichita, Kansas; and offices in New York City and elsewhere around the world, AccuWeather serves more than 1.5 billion people daily to help them plan their activities and get more out of their day through innovative digital media properties, such as AccuWeather.com and mobile, as well as AccuWeather For Business (AFB), radio, television, newspapers, digital out of home, the 24/7 AccuWeather Network channel and AccuWeather NOW streaming service. Additionally, AccuWeather produces and distributes news, weather content, and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites. Job Responsibilities
- Conduct economic and technical analyses individually and in a team setting.
- Advise on climate-related projects including the design and development of a robust ground floor offering that could include Atmospheric Effects on both people and physical infrastructure.
- Support development of climate change strategy, action planning, and modeling of and setting science-based sales targets.
- Develop climate action plans that describe projected climate impacts, quantify current and future greenhouse gas emissions, and identify strategies to build resiliency and reduce emissions.
- Evaluate the limitations of existing data sources and provide guidance on alternate data sources
- Contribute to sector- and site-specific climate risk analysis and consulting projects as needed
- Contribute to white papers and publications from concept to delivery
- Demonstrates strong analytical skills, excellent writing and presentation skills, and a mastery of impactful client communication.
- Supports the overall growth and development of AFB's climate change services.
More About AccuWeather
- A strong understanding of prehistoric, historic, and current atmospheric and environmental conditions as they relate to, and possibly impact, future climate scenarios.
- The ability to comprehend, interpret, and forecast possible climate changes in the future based on current and dynamically changing socio-economic conditions.
- Can demonstrate an expertise in the evaluation of climate change risks and opportunities.
- Bachelor's degree required, with Master's degree (preferred) in engineering, meteorology or basic/applied science (such as physics, chemistry, material sciences, environmental science, earth sciences, etc.) or economics.
- 8-12+ years of relevant work experience in international consultancy or private sector
- A thorough understanding of technical, economic, policy and market challenges and opportunities associated with Climate Change/Sustainability
- Experience with ESG standards and guidelines such as SASB, GRI, TCFD, , SBTi
- Experience with GHG protocols (reporting, TCFD), data sets, and U.S./international standards, expert in GHG measurement, inventories and reporting - in particular Scope 3
- Enthusiasm, initiative, flexibility, and a desire to work in a growing, dynamic team.
- Attention to detail and commitment to deliver high-quality work products.
- Structured and effective communicator that can shape and deliver messages to executive level and facilitate effective client engagements.
- Bilingual English - French/Spanish is a plus
AccuWeather's innovation-first promise has led to the development of many award-winning and propriety features that are available free to the public, including AccuWeather MinuteCast® Minute by Minute™ forecasts with Superior Accuracy ™, the exclusive AccuWeather RealFeel® Temperature, and AccuWeather RealImpact™ Scale for Hurricanes, among many other revolutionary products for the greater safety, convenience and comfort of our users. Further, AccuWeather serves more than half of the Fortune 500 and thousands of other businesses in the U.S. and globally.
Dr. Joel N. Myers, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, established AccuWeather in 1962 and is considered the "father of modern commercial meteorology." Dr. Myers, a leading creative thinker and visionary, has been named "the most accurate man in weather" by The New York Times and one of the top entrepreneurs in American history by Entrepreneur's Encyclopedia of Entrepreneurs . Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
AccuWeather is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity to all applicants and existing employees and we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity/expression), sexual orientation, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, marital status, political affiliation, religion, citizenship status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. View the EEO is the Law poster here and its supplement here. The pay transparency policy is available here.
AccuWeather is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.