?We are currently working on a senior management role for a global enterprise-level consultancy's ESG Strategy practice. This role sits one level below Partner/Managing Director. You will lead client engagements, handle business development, and oversee the delivery of work sold. Project examples include ESG strategy, net-zero strategy, decarbonization, sustainability, renewable energy, etc. Responsibilities
- Manage Engagements: Facilitate engagement planning and budgeting; assemble and manage engagement teams; outline deliverable structure and content; enable buy-in of proposed solutions from top management levels at the client; direct on-time, quality delivery of work products; manage engagement economics; manage engagement risk.
- Manage Clients: Lead the daily interactions with executive clients and sponsors.
- Business Development: Develop and maintain communication with top decision-makers at critical clients; coordinate and lead pursuit teams; participate and control aspects of the proposal development process; contribute to developing proposal pricing strategies.
- Practice Development & Eminence: Create pragmatic solutions and methodologies; develop "thought ware" and "point-of-view" documents; participate in public speaking events; get published in industry journals.
- People Development: Execute role of counselor and coach; offer input and direction into the staffing process; actively contribute to team recruitment and retention activities; offer leadership and assistance for delivery teams and staff in local offices.
- 10+ years of professional experience, with 2+ years of experience functioning as a Senior Manager (or equivalent) in a Consulting environment or managing teams in an operating environment; in either scenario, experience focused on Corporate & Business Unit Strategy, Strategic Planning, Growth Strategy, Commercial Strategy, and Business Transformation.
- 1+ years of experience pushing both the sales cycle and leading the pursuit team by taking charge in framing out client opportunities to create the proposal content for client discussions.
- Deep comprehension of Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) topics, including climate change, renewable energy, and DE&I.
- Ability to identify trends across industries and convey their impact on clients' business and strategic choices, particularly as it relates to social impact / purpose-driven focus areas and opportunities for innovation.
- Exceptional critical thinking, analytical, and problem-solving abilities.
- Great problem-solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment.
- A Bachelor's Degree.
- Live within commuting distance to one of our consulting offices.
- Limited sponsorship available.
- Previous experience with social impact-focused businesses, philanthropies, and nonprofits.
- Experience generating strategy program roadmaps and detailed financial business cases for change.
- Comfortable using analytical methods to create project analyses and recommendation support.
- Familiarity with leading and emerging ESG and carbon disclosure methodologies, frameworks, and reporting mechanisms is highly desirable (e.g., IPCC, GHG Protocol, SBTi, FLAG, GRI, SASB, CDP, etc.).
- Advanced degree in business (e.g., MBA), environmental science, sustainability, or data analytics from a top-tier program.