About The Organization
ClimateWorks Foundation is a global organization committed to our mission: to end the climate crisis by amplifying the power of philanthropy. Since our founding in 2008, we have awarded over $1.3 billion in grants to more than 600 organizations advancing climate solutions around the world. We helped grow the field of climate philanthropy to where it stands today, establishing infrastructure, global networks, and momentum for continued growth. Through our Global Programs and Services, we equip philanthropy with global knowledge, networks, and solutions to drive climate progress.
- Scaling solutions: Our collaborative Global Programs - focused on solution areas including carbon dioxide removal, cooling, industry, transportation, and more - produce results that are bending the greenhouse gas emissions curve. From the U.S. to Europe, China, Brazil, and beyond, we collaborate with a diverse community of funders, NGOs, and climate leaders to accelerate just and equitable climate solutions.
- Guiding and supporting funders: Our Global Services provide funders with comprehensive resources to assess, build, evolve, and execute high-impact climate-giving strategies. Our Global Intelligence service equips funders and the climate community with climate insights to pinpoint opportunities for impact and philanthropic insights to help identify investment priorities. We facilitate Global Collaborations that enable funders to increase individual and collective impact. Our Global Grantmaking services enable funders to invest in climate solutions around the world.
- Fostering collaboration, exploration, and growth: Our collaborative approach and commitment to learning ensures that we continuously explore innovative ideas and emerging opportunities - all with the aim of scaling philanthropy-supported initiatives to help end the climate crisis.
As experts in climate science, public policy, economic and social analysis, and strategic philanthropy, ClimateWorks' staff understands the multi-faceted challenges and opportunities of climate change. We are researchers, strategists, collaborators, and grantmakers who care passionately about our mission. For more information, please visit www.climateworks.org.
Department Summary - Funder Collaborations
Built to serve results-driven philanthropy, ClimateWorks leads collaborations that enable funders to strategize, learn, and execute new and existing climate initiatives. Our suite of best-in-class collaborations empower the largest global climate funders to increase individual and collective impact. We facilitate a wide range of international collaborations designed to build high-trust relationships, create strategic alignment, and facilitate coordinated actions across the climate philanthropy ecosystem, including funders, grantees, and other climate leaders. As part of our commitment to excellence, the Funder Collaborations team provides consistent, high-quality leadership and support for our collaborations that drive philanthropy's impact on climate change mitigation.
The Funder Collaborations Department works closely as a team to strategically support high caliber global collaborations including funder forums, learning networks, and joint action groups, including ClimateWorks' flagship collaborations. We like to say "collaboration is in our DNA". It is core to how we operate internally and what we do externally.Job Summary
The Senior Collaborations Manager, Funder Collaborations will support the department leadership as they organize international climate funder collaborations and projects that tackle a breadth of climate mitigation and related strategies globally. This role will report to the Director, Funder Collaborations and be based in the ClimateWorks San Francisco Office.
This new position will be a key strategic manager to strengthen existing systems and processes as well as to develop new systems to support funders in their engagement with CWF and the broader community. The right candidate will find joy in infrastructure, systems, and designing and executing on relationship management strategies, tools and ongoing services. They will be able to present information clearly and maintain strong relationships while being equally comfortable in a predominantly behind-the-scenes role.
As the ClimateWorks collaboration services scale, the Senior Collaborations Manager will contribute to the development of a model of collaboration across the climate philanthropy community. They will also lead the management of collaboration initiatives including a learning network strategy for regional and thematic collaborations.Essential Tasks
Collaboration services, tools, and infrastructure
Session planning and design
- Translate strategy into tactics; holding the big picture of our collective mission to inform and guide implementation in the form of services, tools, and infrastructure
- Work with the Director and Senior Director to develop and execute a collaboration services and tools plan, working with other team members and CWF teams for input and execution
- Manage the systems and processes that support consistent funder engagement, including coordination with ClimateWorks Systems and Processes team
- Manage and execute the annual funder collaboration grant report creation across departments
- Track and manage a small set of grants for the funder collaborations program, in coordination with CWF's development team
- Coordinate the planning of sessions as part of a session planning-and-design team for funder forums
- Support community leaders with session design
Collaboration project management
- Support the Director and Senior Director to manage the intra-department and cross-department workstreams, helping to connect dots and ensure smooth operations across the department
- Partner with CWF staff leading learning network collaborations around key geographical and thematic work to "level-up" this key service area.
- Work closely with department leadership and philanthropic partners to occasionally manage and/or support short- or long-term funder collaboration projects, programs, meetings internally and externally. Often these collaborations are in development or evolving. They are described as "making the path as we walk it."
- Facilitate planning meetings and lead processes that support multiple stakeholders to build trust and find the common ground that enables coordination and new work. This will include but not be limited to:
- Working with and/or coaching group leaders and participants to set clear project goals and desired outcomes, as well as plans and timelines on an ongoing basis for evolving projects.
- Planning and organizing participants to keep projects on track to success: planning, doing advance work and creating materials, implementing, managing logistics; setting and hosting sharp meeting/call agendas, and organizing clear plans and timelines.
Nice to have
- 6-9 years of relevant experience managing and implementing deadline-driven project-planning processes and high-caliber collaborations
- Excellent collaborative skills, including strong communication with diverse stakeholders from other cultures
- Able to work with diverse individuals to help them meet project goals, facilitating meetings and working across programmatic, collaborative, and logistical workstreams
- Solutions-oriented and flexible management style, able to navigate ambiguity to bring projects to successful shared outcomes
- Experience building and maintaining flexible systems and plans for projects and/or clients
- Assiduous attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and passion for creating seamless project plans
- Ability to handle sensitive matters with diplomacy and discretion
- Technically-savvy, experience adopting and utilizing technology platforms and a quick learner with new programs and platforms
- Ability to travel internationally, typically about 20 days a year
- Passion for social change, environmental, social justice or climate communities
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently (both virtually and in-person) with minimal supervision
- A commitment to a diverse, inclusive and equitable work environment
- Commitment to the mission of ClimateWorks Foundation
- BA or BS degree
- Experience with CRM systems, Salesforce a plus
- Experience in nonprofit organizing or advocacy work, fundraising or stewardship, coalition projects or philanthropy preferred
- A sense of humor and levity amidst pressing deadlines and high-impact outcomes
ClimateWorks offers an excellent benefits package and a competitive salary that is commensurate with experience (geographic differential applied based on location).Location
ClimateWorks Foundation is based in the San Francisco Financial District. This position is classified as SF-based and is currently operating with a hybrid-flexible schedule with 1-2 days/week in the SF office.Commitment to Racial and Social Justice
At ClimateWorks Foundation, we are driven by our vision of creating a thriving planet for all living beings for generations to come. We aim to foster an inclusive workplace that values diverse lived experiences and emphasizes the voices of marginalized people - especially Black, Indigenous, and People of Color - who are most vulnerable to climate impacts, and whose voices, ideas, and leadership are crucial to winning the climate fight.
To ensure that we are making meaningful progress, we have made a set of diversity, equity, and inclusion commitments across all dimensions of our work to further our mission and realize our vision. For more information, please visit: Fostering Racial and Social Justice in Pursuit of our MissionEqual Employment Opportunity
Equal employment opportunity and having a diverse staff are fundamental principles at ClimateWorks Foundation and as such we are committed to creating a diverse and multi-cultural work environment. We strongly encourage and seek applications from women, people of color, and bilingual and bicultural individuals, as well as members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race (including traits historically associated with race), ethnicity, religion, color, sex (including childbirth, breast feeding, and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, uniform service member and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, age, protected medical condition, genetic information, disability, or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws.
This policy extends to all aspects of our employment practices including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, discipline, termination, promotions, transfers, compensation, benefits, training, leaves of absence, and other terms and conditions of employment.
ClimateWorks Foundation is committed to complying with all laws protecting qualified individuals with disabilities, as well as employees' religious beliefs and practices. This policy extends to all aspects of our employment practices including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, discipline, termination, promotions, transfers, compensation, benefits, training, leaves of absence, and other terms and conditions of employment. ClimateWorks Foundation will provide a reasonable accommodation for any known physical or mental disability of a qualified individual and/or employees' religious beliefs and practices, as required by law.
If you require an accommodation, please notify Human Resources. Once ClimateWorks Foundation is aware of the need for an accommodation, it will engage in an interactive process to identify possible accommodations.Application Process
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. To be considered for this position, interested candidates must submit a resume and cover letter. This position will remain open until filled.
Employment at the ClimateWorks Foundation is at-will.Benefits
ClimateWorks offers an excellent benefits package and a competitive salary that is commensurate with experience (geographic differential applied based on location).
Multiple options available through Kaiser & UHC
- HMO - 100% coverage for employee and dependents
- POS - Employee pays difference beyond HMO coverage (3 out of 4 POS options are at 100% coverage for employee and dependents)
- Dental -100% coverage for employee and dependents
- Vision - 100% coverage for employee and dependents
Disability Benefit (long and short-term)
- Fertility care through Carrot Fertility. Access to on-demand doctor-approved content, pregnancy support, and virtual chats with medical, legal, and regulatory experts.
Life Insurance (3x base salary up to $750k for employee only)
- 20 days (1st year)
- 25 days (2nd - 8th year)
- 30 days (9th year)
- 11 Observed and 2 floating
- After 6 months of service, CWF automatically contributes 9% of gross earnings per pay period to retirement fund*
- After 6 months of service, CWF matches 100% of employee contributions up to a max of 6% of gross earnings per pay period*