Ribometrix is committed to delivering on the promise of addressing human disease through novel scientific insight into the structure of RNA. Unlike traditional drug discovery methodologies that target the product of RNA (proteins), we believe small molecule therapeutics can be designed to interact with RNA to deliver a meaningful therapeutic benefit to patients living with disease.
We are a team of individuals driven by the spirit of innovation, collaboration, empowerment, and integrity who are committed to the goal of helping patients with our novel therapeutic approach.
If you are looking for an opportunity to pioneer new science, collaborate with great people, and ultimately help those in need, then Ribometrix may be the pace for you.
We are seeking a highly motivated Scientist to join our RNA Biology group and contribute to the development of the Ribometrix platform. This person will be part of a team that is responsible for expanding the Ribometrix platform with novel biochemical and cell-based assays and will have a key role in keeping Ribometrix at the cutting edge. The position provides opportunities to explore the chemical biology of RNA-protein interactions while collaborating extensively with colleagues across disciplines to contribute to both the science and strategy of treating disease by targeting RNA. An ideal candidate will have extensive knowledge of RNA binding proteins and demonstrated experience working with both biochemical and cell-based assays, cellular reporter assays, NGS libraries, and routine molecular biology work such as vector design and RT-qPCR.Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Interrogation of RNA-protein interactions using various assays, including but not limited to CLIP/RIP, RNA Bind-N-Seq, etc.
- Design and execution of novel cellular and biochemical assays, including reporter assays
- Execution and analysis of novel RNA-focused NGS experiments
- Preparation and characterization of in vitro transcribed RNA
- Perform complex data analysis and interpretation to generate conclusions and next steps that drive the science forward
- Manage scientific collaborations with external partners
- Support multiple tasks and maintain attention to detail in a fast-paced environment.
- Stay up to date with the current scientific literature
- Work collaboratively and lead by example to promote our Ribometrix Core Values: Integrity, Collaboration, Innovation, Empowerment, Resilience, and Fun.
- BS in Biology, Chemistry or related field with 12+ years' experience; MS in Biology, Chemistry or related field and 9+ years experience or PhD in Biology, Chemistry or related field (Level will be awarded commensurate with experience)
- Extensive knowledge and experience with RNA binding proteins is strongly preferred.
- Experience developing, implementing, and troubleshooting biochemical and/or cell-based assays is preferred.
- Experience with the Illumina sequencing platform, including data analysis, is preferred.
- Experience purifying recombinant proteins from various expression hosts by FPLC is preferred.
- Strong experience with modern molecular biology techniques is required.
- Experience performing routine mammalian cell culture is preferred.
- Experience with command-line software (e.g. Python, R, etc.) is preferred.
- Experience working with small drug-like molecules or tool compounds is preferred.
- Strong initiative, problem solving skills, desire to learn, attention to detail, and ability to effectively organize and prioritize are required.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a diverse and dynamic team is required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, professional maturity, proactive communication skills, and strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills are required,
- Strong initiative complemented with a sense of accountability, sense of urgency and adaptability is required
- Experience working in drug discovery, especially in an industry setting is preferred.
Come join a thriving organization! We embrace and foster an innovative and fun culture!
- Previous experience in a startup/entrepreneurial environment is preferred.
Ribometrix offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits package that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, 401(k) Savings Retirement Plan, Vacation and more!
Ribometrix is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.Recruiting Agencies, Please Note:
Ribometrix will not accept unsolicited assistance from recruiting/search agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by recruiting or search agencies to any employee at Ribometrix via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search/recruitment agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ribometrix. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ribometrix as a result of the referral or through other means.