Absorption Systems, a preclinical Contract Research Organization located in Exton, Pennsylvania, is seeking a candidate for an Associate Scientist / Scientist. Absorption Systems provides absorption, distribution, metabolism, excretion, and toxicity (ADMET) testing services to pharmaceutical, academic and biotechnology companies to support drug discovery and development. The Associate Scientist / Scientist will work with the Bioassay team to prepare assays, plan and conduct experiments and perform other lab duties.Experience:
- Must have a Bachelor's degree in the biological sciences with 3-5 years of experience or M.S. degree with 0-2 years' experience
- Attention to detail, good oral and written communication, and strong computer skills are required.
- Knowledge and experience conducting immunological assays, such as ELISA, Western Blotting, Flow cytometry, and Immunohistochemical staining, are required.
- Expertise in cell culture/transfection/transduction, DNA/RNA/protein isolation and purification, molecular cloning, RT-PCR, qPCR, and data analysis is highly desirable.
Local Candidates Preferred Benefits
- Preparing assay protocols.
- Planning and conducting experiments under the direction of a senior scientist.
- Preparing and maintaining cell cultures and reagents.
- Documenting all results in laboratory notebooks and presenting research data in group and/or professional meetings, as necessary.
- Writing study reports under the direction of his/her supervisor.
Absorption Systems cares about our work community and offers a variety of benefits allowing employees the opportunity to customize a benefits package that meets their personal needs. Company benefits include the following:
About Absorption Systems, a Pharmaron Company
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance Plan with Employer Contribution
- Health Reimbursement Account Funded by Employer
- Healthcare & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Life and AD&D Insurance 100% Employer Paid
- Voluntary Life and AD&D Insurance for Employee, Spouse & Child(ren)
- Short and Long Term Disability 100% Employer Paid
- 401k with Employer Match
- Profit Sharing
- Employee Assistance Program
Absorption Systems, founded in 1996, assists pharmaceutical and medical device companies in identifying and overcoming ADMET (Absorption, Distribution, Metabolism, Excretion and Toxicity) barriers in the development of drugs, biologics and medical devices. Additionally, Absorption Systems goes deep into each of those areas, offering in vitro, in situ and in vivo models to assess the properties in question. The company's mission is to continually develop innovative research tools that can be used to accurately predict human outcomes or to explain unanticipated human outcomes when they occur. Absorption Systems has facilities in Exton, PA, San Diego, CA, and Boston, MA to serve customers throughout the world.
Alongside of our enthusiasm for science and research, we have a passion to see each and every one of our employees grow and succeed both personally and professionally. We encourage our employees to continually enhance their ability to contribute to the success of the organization and advance their careers. Absorption Systems is committed to creating an environment where individuals are encouraged to grow and work in collaboration with each other while being passionate about innovation. The professional culture of our organization is a goal oriented environment full of internally driven and motivated professionals. Our company is unique in the fact that there is freedom for autonomy to execute and the ability for each employee to grow in directions that align their individual aspirations with company growth.
Absorption Systems is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.