We empower the best people to help sustain our world. 100% employee-owned. Independence guaranteed.Company:
ACRT, Inc.Job SummaryDescription:
ACRT is seeking an experienced safety professional to provide a variety of services supporting complex programs that are both long and short durations. The responsibilities will include designing and coordination of safe operations for our staff and utility partners. They will have oversight for multiple projects along with preparing reports and providing safety training along with development and implementation of safety curriculum. Safety reviews, analysis of potential future projects, duration and deliverables of project scope is an essential aspect of this job. This position will work in collaboration with the ACRT Professional Services Group, along with ACRT Operations. Maintaining a partnership through direct coordination and alignment with the operations safety team is critical for this role. This position works with our customers such as utilities, municipalities, departments of transportation, and many more. Per diem is available for overnight trips. The individual(s) will work remotely and with the Professional Services team in the field and in the office reporting to appropriate staff as needed.Duties & ResponsibilitiesEssential Duties and Responsibilities:
Qualifications:TECHNICAL SKILLS, OR KNOWLEDGE
- Hire train, and retain professionals to service our customers in safety consulting and field observations in different segments of utility industries.
- Assist business development managers in selling professional safety services to new customers.
- Assess, plan, develop, and deliver training and learning initiatives for staff individuals and the organization, in consultation with operational resources, including assessment methods and results measurement.
- Serve as lead and or associate in partnership with operational supervision
- Serves as an industry subject matter expert for both ACRT and the general industry.
- Act as the face of professional safety consulting initiatives.
- Participate in strategic planning sessions and implementation.
- Advise and coordinate resources and staff to achieve production schedules, compliance, and safety goals.
- Ability to work under pressure with multiple deadlines.
- Supervise, assist, advise, and delegate subordinate tasks and duties, projects, and performance.
- Traveling to project locations to ensure quality control for clients standards and expectations.
- Working with the staff to develop new safety best management practices
- Evaluate and communicate technology needs and enhancement.
- Create reports for ACRT sr. leadership that detail KPI's of progress and success.
- Create reports for customer dissemination of work product.
- Participate in safety GAP analysis as a subject matter expert for customer.
- Attend Professional Services planning and update meeting
- Ensure invoicing is created and submitted to customer
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Operations or Senior Operations Manager
- Attend industry tradeshows and promote safety services through active networking and presentations.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Strong understanding and practical application of OSHA standards.
- Proficient in ANSI Z133-2017 and any potential revisions
- Ability to interview, train and supervise field employees
- Capable of large- and small-scale project deployment
- Ability to conduct safety audits in the field for external clients
- Ability to teach aspects of arboriculture and utility vegetation management industry safety to groups of various sizes and makeups
- Ability to identify, learn, and infiltrate other markets outside of UVM and Utilities
- Associate's degree in biology, forestry, Safety and Occupational Health Applied Sciences
- Bachelor's degree in Safety and Occupational Health Applied Sciences
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental Health and Safety
- At least 5 years of professional experience in safety related field.
- At least 1 year in safety project oversight
- Safety oversight in the arboriculture and utility vegetation management industry field
- Safety management experience in a related marketspace
Desirable credentials or certifications:
- Strong collaborator: Ability to work effectively with employees and customers to achieve safety goals.
- The ability to effectively communicate in visual, verbal, and written form with customer and employees.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels in the organization.
- Excellent time management, organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Self-starter, creative and innovative.
- Willingness to travel and be self-sufficient.
- Willingness to work in challenging weather and rugged terrain conditions
Skills required for success:
- Certified Utility Safety Professional certification
- International Society of Arboriculture Certified Arborist.
- International Society of Arboriculture Certified Utility Specialist.
- International Society of Arboriculture Certified Tree Worker Climber Specialist.
- International Society of Arboriculture Certified Aerial Lift Specialist.
- International Society of Arboriculture Tree Risk Assessment Qualified.
- Tree Care Industry Association Certified Tree Care Safety Professional
- Tree Care Industry Association Electrical Hazards Awareness Program
- Tree Care Industry Association Crew Leader Qualification
- Utility Safety and Operations Leadership Network Certified Utility Safety Professional with a Line Clearance and/or Transmission and Distribution Endorsement
- OSHA 10/30 Construction Safety
- OSHA 10/30 General Industry
- Pesticide License
- Associate Safety Professional
- Board Certified Safety Professional
- Spanish as a second language
- Ability to plan for and organize workflow, including multiple initiatives simultaneously, related to the accountabilities of the position, with ability to plan six to twelve months in the future.
- A strong performance orientation and focus on results.
- Ability to identify a problem, analyze the cause, and determine an acceptable solution in a timely manner within the scope of the accountabilities of the position.
- Effective oral and written communications skills, with the ability to plan, prepare and present material effectively to senior management, as required to achieve the accountabilities of the position.
- Courteous, flexible, and professional attitude and behavior when working with customers and employees.
- Demonstrated understanding of workplace, health, and safety procedures.
- Ability to work with workflow software and help develop software enhancements.
- Ability to network with customers, subcontractors, and employees.
Travel up to 75%
#CBEqual Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)