, an American Foods Group Company, has an opportunity for an Environmental Health & Safety Manager
at our Yankton, SD plant.
If you are looking to advance your career, join the AFG family, where you can be a part of providing quality beef products to over 40 countries around the world.
As our Environmental Health & Safety Manager
, you will:
- Manage company safety and environmental policies and procedures, as well as ensure the Company is in compliance with OSHA, EPA, and DNA regulations.
- Offer new ideas while being conscientious, self-starting, and striving for excellence in all areas of job responsibilities.
- Key member of the plant's leadership team.
- Assurance of compliance to all regulations and standards at site. Primary point of contact for safety and environmental issues.
- Investigate industrial accidents and incidents. Drive investigations to the root cause of issues and build consensus with both plant and corporate partners on permanent solutions. These solutions need to be created in a timely manner.
- Maintain liaison with national, state, and local safety and environmental organizations and take an active role in activities of such groups. Maintain federal, state, and local safety and environmental record keeping and permit requirements. Must be proactive in meeting all regulatory deadlines in both safety and environmental compliance reporting.
- Be engaged with all plant leadership down to the production floor. Use the relationships that you build to coordinate and conduct training to maintain compliance with federal, state, and local safety and environmental regulations.
- Primary contact person for inspection conducted by local, state, and federal safety and environmental enforcement agencies.
- Perform industrial hygiene monitoring as needed.
- Specify and order safety or environment equipment beyond the store's regular purchasing items.
- Facilitate safety awareness across a large manufacturing facility. This includes coordinating Safety Committee meetings, plant leadership briefings and meetings, weekly injury reporting and mitigation activities, and hands on activities promoting safety on our production floor.
- NOTE: this description is not intended to be all-inclusive. An employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization; these duties are considered marginal.
- Must be able to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Minimum 3 years direct related experience in the safety field.
- Must be able to effectively communicate in English (read, write, and speak).
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to effectively communicate in Spanish (read, write, and speak).
- B.S. in Occupational Safety, Environmental Sciences, or other related physical science.
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP), Associate Safety Professional (ASP), or degree in safety or environmental disciplines.
- Experience in food or industrial manufacturing environment.
- Successful completion of 30-hour OSHA compliance course.
- Experience with OSHA, EPA, and other regulations and standards (NFPA, NIOSH, DNR, etc.), including technical understanding of these regulations and standards.
- Continuing education on new federal, state, and local regulations.
- Management experience in diverse workforces. Proven leadership of both safety and environmental efforts in a manufacturing environment.
- Working knowledge of 40 CFR Environmental regulations and state and municipalities regulations in South Dakota.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills with the ability to interact with a wide range of perspectives from leadership to production staff employees.
an American Foods Group Company is a privately held meat processing company located in Yankton, South Dakota. We appreciate our employees and reward them for a job well done. As a member of the team, you will find yourself challenged and contributing in a significant way to the success of the business, and you will be rewarded for that success. If you want to feel appreciated for a job well done and be part of something bigger, then consider joining American Foods Group, a "hire to retire" type of company.
What we offer:
- Competitive pay
- For Full Time employees - Excellent benefit plan. Benefits include: Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Flex Spending Accounts, Voluntary Benefits, PTO, 401k, Short Term Disability, Discount Meat Purchase Program, and more!
- Training, growth and advancement opportunities that will make this the best and last company you work for.
Check Out the Yankton, SD Area!
Improve your quality of life by residing in Yankton, South Dakota, a rural city located on the banks of the Missouri River. An abundance of recreational areas and amenities make it easy to stay active in Yankton.
The area also offers:
- Numerous water recreation options around Yankton including Lewis & Clark Lake, Lake Yankton, and the Missouri National Recreation River. Beautiful chalkstone bluffs along the shorelines provide the opportunity to view wildlife with scenic backdrops.
- Various parks that offer relaxing entertainment including fishing, hiking trails, and swimming.
- Year-round community events that the whole family will love.
Try to convince us that there is a better place to live and work other than Cimpl's LLC in Yankton, South Dakota!Â : #Sponsored