The SVP, Operational Risk Sr Officer I - Climate Risk Stress Testing will support the Director, Global Operational Risk Lead for Climate Risk in providing independent operational risk challenge and oversight of climate risk stress testing, scenario analysis, risk identification and assessment. This is a key workstream under the enterprise-wide Climate Risk Management Program, and will focus on measuring and managing the risks to Citi's operations, continuity of business, and own assets (e.g. real estate and technology infrastructure) arising from climate change. The role will act as a subject matter expert on climate-related operational risks, design and develop stress testing assumptions and scenarios to measure these risks, and act as an independent ORM challenger over the 1st Line of Defense's stress testing and scenario analysis work related to climate risk. The role will guide ORM's response to regulatory stress test requirements and inquiries related to climate risk. The role will also provide challenge of the 1st line's identification, assessment, and management of climate-related operational risks arising from existing business activities, new products/ new lines of business, and third party relationships. Prior experience and qualifications in climate risk management, climate-related stress testing, or climate science is preferred. Strong analytical and quantitative skills are required. Prior experience in 2nd line independent risk management or operational risk management and challenge of the 1st line of defense, is preferred. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and occasionally external regulators.Responsibilities:
- Establishes and oversees minimum requirements for stress testing, scenario analysis, and measurement of climate-driven operational risks to Citi's own assets and operations
- Independently identifies and assesses material climate-driven operational risks to Citi, and provides advisory and challenge to the 1st line of defense's stress testing and scenario analysis efforts to measure risk impacts.
- Scope of oversight will include all operational risk types that are intensified by climate change, including but not limited to business continuity, physical damage, third party risk, technology risk, and cyber risk
- Serves as a subject matter expert for all climate-related operational risk issues that surface, particularly in the context of risk identification, assessment, and measurement via stress testing.
- Issues Management (KPI/KRI/Corrective Action Plans) related to climate-driven operational risks
- 10+ years relevant experience
- Outstanding communication and influencing skills through all levels of the organization and with external partners, regulators, and vendors. Exceptional relationship management skills; must be able to address and resolve conflict while maintaining relationships. Ability to effectively communicate complex topics to a broad audience.
- Detailed oriented with qualitative and quantitative analytical skills, as the role involves defining assumptions for and designing analytical approaches to scenario modeling
- Bachelor's/University degree, Master's degree preferred
- Background in climate risk or climate science preferred
-Job Family Group:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the "EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Effective November 1, 2021, Citi requires that all successful applicants for positions located in the United States or Puerto Rico be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of such vaccination prior to commencement of employment.