Proclinical seeks a highly motivated, creative and solutions-oriented Research Scientist/Senior Research Scientist to join its drug discovery team located in Cambridge, MA. As a member of an interdisciplinary team, this individual is expected to harness their substantial oncology background to help guide strategic scientific decisions and research program development. In particular, the applicant should have deep expertise in mammalian cell line engineering, genome editing, and in vitro assay development. The applicant is expected to have a robust experimental skill set, an eagerness for learning, and contribute to a strong culture of teamwork and collaboration in a fast-paced environment.Job Responsibilities:
Skills and Requirements:
- Coordinate with R&D team members to lead key elements of discovery and preclinical development programs for novel cancer therapies.
- Independently design, optimize and execute various assay formats such as cell-based bioassays (DualGlo, CTGlo, HTRF, HiBiT, ELISA, CaspaseGlo, 3D cultures) in multiple plate formats.
- Use a repertoire of protein biochemistry assays (WB, ICW, IP, IHC, pull-down) to clearly define the MOA of novel molecules.
- Identify cell lines relevant to targets and indication of interest and develop cell-based assays
- Design, create and validate screening cell lines models using CRISPR or lentiviral technology.
- Experience with transfection, transduction and electroporation technics for primary cell lines or difficult cell line models
- Use literature survey to solve specific research problems.
- Learn and implement new experimental techniques that can answer critical scientific questions and advance programs.
- Manage and direct external resources (CRO) and collaborators.
- Actively contribute to a focused, team-oriented atmosphere providing assistance and/or guidance to colleagues when needed.
- Identify and implement scientific and logistical solutions in a multidisciplinary environment.
- Maintain high standards of laboratory safety
- PhD or MS/BS in Biology with a minimum of 2 years (PhD) or 5 years (MS/BS) industry/biotech experience
- Ability to work independently and able to balance multiple tasks or projects.
- Diligent with details and timely execution and delivery of high-quality results.
- Strong background in basic research or translational research in oncology, including but not limited to high throughput screening, cell-based assays, molecular biology and protein biochemistry.
- Familiarity with analysis of genomic and gene expression data sets.
- Experience working with CROs and/or compound management organizations preferred.
- Highly analytical mind, attention to detail, organization skills, and rigorous experimental record keeping using an ELN system are critical.
- Collaborative, proactive and optimistic personality.
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Danielle Bahnasy at (+1) 646-868-5142 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.