We are looking for experienced mRNA platform scientist, who will be responsible for design and execution of in vitro work to support development of mRNA therapeutics.In this role you will:
Basic Qualifications, Work Experience & Competencies:
- Independently design, plan, and execute in vitro experiments to advance development of mRNA therapeutics.
- Drive innovative science to deliver novel mRNA designs.
- Develop, evaluate, and implement new molecular biology technology and optimize existing techniques and workflows, while maintaining competitive scientific awareness, engage in scientific network.
- Perform wide range of cell biology and optical microscopy assays, including functional assays, flow cytometry, and multiplex detection of mRNA and/or protein.
- Responsible for data analysis and interpretation of large complex data sets.
- Report and present the experimental results, contribute to scientific publications and patents.
- Be an active research team member and function in highly collaborative cross functional environment.
- PhD in molecular biology, molecular virology or cell biology, or similar with at least 3+ years' hands-on research experience, or MS in similar fields with at least 10 years of research experience.
- Very strong molecular biology, RNA, and oligonucleotide background with extensive hands-on experience in cell-based applications.
- Experience with primary cell culture
- Knowledge of the protein design is a plus
- Hands on experience and expertise in molecular cloning, in vitro transcription, analytical tools of DNA, RNA and protein (gel electrophoresis, enzyme reactions, immunoblotting, ELISA, Nanodrop, fragment analyzer), qPCR and/or ddPCR.
- Understanding of cell biology, cell culture tools, fluorescence and confocal microscopy, quantitative image analysis, flow cytometry.
- Experience establishing functional cell-based assays.
- Preferred experience in high-throughput in vitro screening or other parallel assay formats.
- Demonstrated ability/willingness to quickly learn and perform in new areas, implement new techniques and instrumentation.
- "Can Do and Will Do" attitude and innovative mindset.
- Elaborate, structured and accurate way of working.
- Ability to proactively communicate, work in multidisciplinary work stream.
At Sanofi R&D North America, we deliver meaningful solutions for patients. We transform science into breakthrough, best-in-class and first-in-class medicines and vaccines. We believe in creating a diverse and inclusive workforce - and workplace - which brings together the collective brainpower of over 2,000 colleagues and provides you with an exciting place to grow and develop. We set the bar high, and we deliver. Join us and together we will build on our trusted legacy of breakthroughs for society. As a healthcare company and a vaccine manufacturer, Sanofi has an important responsibility to protect individual and public health. This position will require individuals to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as part of your job responsibilities.
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.