Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Biologist with a pharmaceutical company located in Collegeville, PA.
- Work in a matrix team environment to enable optimal delivery of project
- Generate, characterize, and optimize the expression of protein reagents as needed by sponsored program teams
- Analyze and summarize any experimental or quality control data using a variety of laboratory instrumentation and computer software
- Registration of biological samples and preparation of samples for shipping
- Routine laboratory maintenance
Compliance with all R&D data integrity practices, ethics codes, standards and training, and safety training and practice
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in a life sciences discipline (e.g. molecular biology, cellular biology, microbiology) with at least 2+ years of relevant laboratory experience.
- Extensive microbial particularly E. coli) experience
- Experience with recombinant protein expression systems (bacteria, insect, or mammalian) and their optimization
- with basic protein expression QC (e.g. SDS-PAGE, Western blots, affinity chromatography)
- Qualified candidates should have strong practical knowledge of cell biology
- Bacterial cell culture experience (e.g. transformation, induction, and harvesting)
- Experience with recombinant protein expression systems (bacteria, insect and/or mammalian) and their optimization
- Operation of bioreactor systems (Wavebag, Celltainer, etc.)
- Experience with basic protein expression QC (e.g. SDS-PAGE, Western blots, affinity chromatography)
- Strong communication skills
- Computer software (e.g., Excel) for experimental and quality control analysis
- Ability to follow detailed protocols in a precise and reproducible way
- Laboratory notebook maintenance
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Jackie Cerchio at 267-846-2026. ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.