Does working for a fast paced, growing company that is making a difference in our environment excite you? Do you have a passion for making our environment better for this generation and the ones that follow? Let's make a difference together. Join our team!SUMMARY
Nexamp is seeking a Solar Project Developer to lead the development of solar projects in the Mid-Atlantic region. In this role, you will lead the origination and development of ground, rooftop, and other types of distribution-scale solar projects. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in project/land development within the solar or comparable industry.RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsible for all phases of solar project development, from origination to start of construction. Key responsibilities include:
- Overseeing site origination, land rights negotiations, project permitting, utility interconnection and any other project development needs.
- Close coordination with junior business development staff to develop and implement effective lead campaign strategies.
- Development of long-term relationships with property owners, energy users and other project stakeholders.
- Effective communication with project stakeholders and community members to facilitate project permitting and other initiatives.
- Fostering support from state, county and local governments, community groups and project abutters.
- Management of external consultants as needed in conjunction with project permitting activities.
- Active management of development schedule and budget to ensure timely and cost-effective solutions.
- Support of internal finance, engineering, and construction teams to facilitate successful project financing and construction.
- Development of sales presentations, proposals and other materials as needed to support project development efforts.
- Occasional travel is required; some evening and weekend work required.
- 3+ years of solar or comparable industry experience in a business development role, with a successful track record in project development and stakeholder management.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Effective team leader and collaborator.
If you don't meet 100% of the above qualifications, but see yourself contributing, please submit an application. We encourage people from minority or marginalized groups to apply.
At Nexamp, our mission is building the future of energy, so it is clean, simple, and accessible for all. We believe a diverse team brings different perspectives and experiences, thus benefiting our work. We are committed to providing a work environment free from discrimination. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. By encouraging a culture where ideas and decisions come from all people, we believe it will help us grow, innovate, and be a part of environmental and social change.PERKS & COMPENSATION
Not only will you get to work with a group of innovative, dedicated, and motivated peers, you will also have access to all the benefits that Nexamp offers! This includes: our competitive compensation package; a 401(k) employer-match; health, dental, & vision insurance starting day one; Flexible Paid Time Off and Holiday PTO; Commuter Benefits, Cell Phone Reimbursement; as well as a hybrid work environment, headquartered in Boston, MA with a fun, collaborative, downtown office! We provide healthy snacks, coffee, yoga sessions, volunteer opportunities, company outings, and more!ADDITIONAL INFORMATIONPlease note that the Company requires all individuals in this position to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and remain up to date with COVID-19 vaccine boosters. Vaccines must be authorized and/or approved by the FDA. Individuals needing an exemption to this requirement due to medical, disability-related, or religious reasons may request an exemption. The Company will engage in an interactive process to determine if an exemption to this requirement as a reasonable accommodation is appropriate.NEXAMP VALUES AND MISSION
Building the future of energy so it is clean, simple and accessible.
Nexamp is building the energy infrastructure of tomorrow and reinventing the way people interact with the electricity that powers their lives. By deploying a distributed network of locally sourced clean energy, we seek to reduce the negative effects of climate change. Our team's diverse experience drives innovation from the ground up and with a singular passion: to deliver an accessible and sustainable energy future for all.