Novartis is leading the fight against spinal muscular atrophy with the only FDA and EMA approved gene therapy treatment for this debilitating disease. At Novartis Institutes for Biomedical Research, we are committed to developing innovative therapeutics that will transform the lives of patients worldwide who suffer from other such musculoskeletal disorders.
We are looking for a highly motivated and scientifically curious Research scientist to join our dynamic, multidisciplinary, preclinical stage research group. The successful candidate will have the unique experience of contributing to the advancement of gene therapies for musculoskeletal and neuromuscular disorders.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Apply in vitro techniques to identify and validate assays to interrogate lead therapeutic candidates, and characterize cellular models of disease
- Perform and contribute to the design of molecular biology assays in support of novel therapeutic candidate discovery using our proprietary gene therapy platform
- Analyze, interpret and document study results, with opportunities to present data to cross-functional groups
What You'll Bring to the Role:
- BS, MS, or equivalent degree in life sciences or Biomedical sciences, with 2+ years of experience in Biomedical research, preferably in industry
- Significant expertise in molecular and cellular biology methods, developing and executing in vitro assays, and flexibility to learn new technologies as study needs progress
- Hands-on experience with common research techniques such as cell culture, qPCR, Western blot, ELISA, imaging
- Prior experience in iPSC cultures for disease modeling, gene therapy and/or musculoskeletal/neuromuscular field is a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with ability to clearly present complex data to the team and other cross-functional groups
- Ability to work in a matrixed environment, multi-task, work independently, and collaborate with other team members or groups as needed
766 million lives were touched by Novartis medicines in 2021, and while we're proud of this, we know there is so much more we could do to help improve and extend people's lives.
We believe new insights, perspectives and ground-breaking solutions can be found at the intersection of medical science and digital innovation. That a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment inspires new ways of working.
We believe our potential can thrive and grow in an unbossed culture underpinned by integrity, curiosity and flexibility. And we can reinvent what's possible, when we collaborate with courage to aggressively and ambitiously tackle the world's toughest medical challenges. Because the greatest risk in life, is the risk of never trying!
Imagine what you could do here at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse teams representative of the patients and communities we serve.
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.