Microbiology Technician (Third Shift)K
elly Services has provided outstanding employment opportunities to the most talented individuals in the marketplace. Today, we are proud to offer a long-term contract opportunity for a Microbiologist Technician III with our client, a leader in the Medical Device industry, located in Tampa, Florida.OBJECTIVES: Perform routine testing for release of raw materials, finished products, stability samples, and R&D products. Perform Environmental and Utility Monitoring in aseptic areas.Training will be 7am-330pm Monday through Friday for approximately two monthsThe shift will be 11pm to 7am Monday night through Friday nightRESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform routine assays for endotoxin, potency, sterility, bioburden, microbial limits, and preservative effectiveness on various finished products and/or raw materials.
- Perform identification of organisms.
- Maintain laboratory culture collection and preserve cultures.
- Contribute to the preparation and checking of environmental summaries.
- Perform testing in conjunction with laboratory investigations.
- Perform Environmental and utility monitoring.
- Perform testing in support of facility Validation activities.
- Read/Record all pertinent data on the appropriate forms or computer system.
- Preparation of media and sterilization loads.
- QC checks for media.
- Responsible for the maintenance of the biohazard waste program and remediation of laboratory biohazardous waste.
Requirements: Ability to work independently with minimal supervision. Experience in computer operation and basic word processing programs. Ability to communicate and work well with others; good oral and written skills. Excellent aseptic technique. Familiar with microbiological testing techniques concerning product testing. Prefer BS in Microbiology or other related science. 1-3 years of industrial experience.Important information
: This position is recruited by a remote Kelly office, not your local Kelly branch. Applicants must be legally permitted to work in the United States.