The Halic lab is seeking a self-motivated, experienced Laboratory Operations Manager
to join the team.
The Lab Manager is responsible for the overall operations, administration and daily management of the lab. The successful candidate will have exceptional organizational skills and experience in facilitating operational aspects of a research laboratory. In addition to the maintenance of lab operations, they will be actively involved in research, performing experiments and analyzing results.
We seek applicants with excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to work independently and as member of a team. Extensive experience with biochemical methodology is required.
- Provides direct supervision to new members of the lab. Trains lab members on instrumentation as required. Actively listens to concerns and assists with the clarification of issues; effectively communicates with all members of the lab; monitors satisfaction within the team. Maintains knowledge and implementation of all rules, regulations, laws and policies.
- Performs experiments, collects data and analyzes results; provides substantial input into the analysis of research results; keeps comprehensive, accurate, organized and legible records of experimental procedures and results; writes materials for scientific publication and presents the research to other lab members.
- Develops the operating procedures for the lab; interprets and ensures consistent application of policies; assures compliance of the laboratory with outside regulatory agencies; serves as representative for the lab, attends and participates in meetings. Ensures maintenance of required laboratory records for all required inspections. Verifies that quality assurance (QA) procedures and programs are in compliance with inspection standards/requirements. Ensures oversight of competency program and maintenance of required records and reports.
- Assists in the preparation for, and coordination of, outside regulatory inspections, as required. Ensures that all personnel adhere to all internal and regulatory body policies, procedures, practices and laws. Develops mechanisms to monitor compliance and quality. Assists in resolving any issues that may arise with regard to research protocols. Ensures that all processes are performed in the most efficient, high-quality manner and assists in resolving any issues. Submits information and reports as required.
- Coordinates budget activities for the lab. Monitors and analyzes expenses for lab. Develops and analyzes productivity measures. Compiles reports on productivity and budgetary expenses for lab. Makes recommendations for the purchase of new lab equipment. Utilizes institutional resources appropriately.
- Performs other related duties as assigned in order to meet the goals and objectives of the department and institution.
- Maintains regular and predictable attendance.
Apply to be a part of the mission of St. Jude Children's Research Hospital: to advance cures, and means of prevention, for pediatric catastrophic diseases through research and treatment
. Consistent with the vision of our founder Danny Thomas, no child is denied treatment based on race, religion or a family's ability to pay.
- Bachelor's degree is required
- PhD preferred
- Seven (7) years of relevant post-degree work experience is required with a Bachelor's degree
- Five (5) years of relevant post-degree work experience is required with a Master's degree
- Three (3) years of relevant post-degree work experience is required with a PhD
- Leadership or supervisory experience is required.
- Preference to exceptional organizational skills, extensive knowledge of RNA/chromatin biology and/or protein production/structural biology, skill and ability to communicate effectively in writing (specifically in manuscript writing and reporting), skill and ability to teach laboratory methods and train personnel, and strong knowledge of laboratory models, as well as IT systems, grants administration and budget management
Salary is highly competitive (comparable to industry) and employee benefits are outstanding. Relocation assistance is available. Working at St. Jude provides the opportunity to make a tangible difference to pediatric cancer patient care and survival and St. Jude has been consistently ranked in Fortune magazine's "100 Best Places to Work" list and is exceptionally positively reviewed on GlassDoor.
St. Jude is an Equal Opportunity EmployerNo Search Firms:
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. Please do not call or email. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee or other representative at St. Jude via email, the internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place and approved by HR will result in no fee being paid in the event the candidate is hired by St. Jude.COVID-19 vaccine:
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital has mandated the COVID-19 vaccine for all employees, excluding those with an approved medical or religious accommodation, as a condition of employment.