Are you an experienced Medical Lab Professional? Are you looking to embark on a new challenge in your career, or start your career in Medical Lab Science? If so, LabCorp wants to speak with you about exciting opportunities to join our team as a Technologist in Burlington, NC.
In this position you will work in a fast paced, customer focused, and challenging environment, and will be a part of our overall mission at LabCorp: -Improving Health, Improving Lives-.
Assays performed in the department utilize a variety of scientific techniques including EIA, IFA, and other non-automated and automated procedures.
The work schedule for this position will be 3rd shift (Tuesday-Saturday 10:00PM-6:30AM) Job Duties/Responsibilities:
- Receive and process specimens for AFB, Mycology, Legionella, QuantiFERON, and others
- Determine the acceptability of specimens for testing according to established criteria
- Perform routine and complex technical procedures and functions according to departmental Standard Operating Procedures
- Monitor, operate and troubleshoot instrumentation to ensure proper functionality
- Demonstrate the ability to make technical decisions regarding testing and problem solving
- Prepare, test and evaluate new reagents or controls
- Report accurate and timely test results in order to deliver quality patient care
- Perform and document preventive maintenance and quality control procedures
- Identify and replenish testing bench supplies as necessary
- Assist with processing of specimens when needed
- Maintain a safe work environment and wear appropriate personal protective equipment
If you're looking for a career that offers opportunities for growth, continual development, professional challenge and the chance to make a real difference, apply today! Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
- Bachelor's degree in Biology, Chemistry, Medical Technology or a related science
- Minimum 1 year of clinical laboratory testing experience is required for Technologist level
- Previous experience is not required at the Technologist Trainee level
- ASCP or AMT certification is preferred
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Proficient with computers; Familiarity with laboratory information systems are a plus
- High level of attention detail along with strong communication and organizational skills
- Must be able to pass a standardized color vision screen
- Flexibility to work overtime or other shifts depending on business needs
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our Privacy Statement.