ARC Mechanical is seeking an Environmental Health, and Safety Director to join the team. The ideal candidate possesses a minimum of ten years of experience preferably in manufacturing or construction industries. This position reports directly to the President.
This position is responsible for implementation and oversight of the Safety culture at ARC.Essential functions and Responsibilities:
QUALIFICATIONS and EXPERIENCE:
- Develop, direct, and oversee the general health and safety policies and procedures of the organization
- Conducts thorough investigations of safety incidents, determines probable cause, makes recommendations for corrective action, and facilitates proper resolution.
- Reinforces safety program standards through regular, in-person job site visits, and the completion of at least two (2) detailed job site safety audits a week.
- Solicits feedback selects personal protective equipment (PPE) and related safety inventory
- Responsible for compliance with federal, state, and local requirements in multiple regions pertaining to environmental, health and safety laws, regulations
- Prepares and schedules training for Field and office personnel
- Updates the safety records with investigations, completed training sessions, and corrective actions.
- Conducts trend analysis and risk assessments
- Responds to emergency incidents as needed
- Participates in OSHA inspections and abatement initiatives
- Compiles KPIs to the Company President as needed, and tracks data related to RIR, AICR, EMR, man hours quarterly
- Executes DOT-related compliance matters, including audits and fleet safety
- Injury claims management and workers comp audits
- Extensive knowledge of environmental regulations and policies
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proficient in technology and equipment used in environmental inspections
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software
- Proficient in development and delivery of employee training
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental Safety, Occupational Safety and Health, or related field required
- Ten years of related experience required, preferably in manufacturing or construction industries
- ASP/CSP credentials preferred
- OSHA 500 Construction/501 Trainer Certification preferred.
- Construction Health and Safety Technician (CHST) Certification required.
- Advanced knowledge of federal, state, and local building codes and construction laws required.
Company DescriptionFounded in 1996, ARC Mechanical is the largest independent industrial refrigeration service company in New England, providing construction, repairs and maintenance, preventative maintenance, and compliance services. ARC Mechanical has grown rapidly over the last few years by expanding its service offerings and territories.