Genective, a JV between two leading global seeds companies, Limagrain and KWS, is seeking a Molecular &Cell Biologist to join our growing team in the U.S. This scientist will be a member of our research team that is focused on the discovery and development of insecticidal genes to support deregulation and commercialization of biotech corn traits. The primary working location at Genective's global headquarters in Champaign, IL while occasionally working at the research facility in Weldon, IL may be required.THE POSITION
In addition to technical expertise in standard molecular biology/biochemical lab techniques, the main responsibilities of this post include but are not limited to:
- Develop and perform high-throughput, protoplast-based assays.
- Develop and run gene copy number assays (qPCR or ddPCR).
- Contribute to the research goals of Protein Biochemistry and Molecular Biology group.
- Evaluate existing and new technologies to optimize and streamline discovery platforms.
- Proactively and independently plan, design, execute, record, and analyze studies. Write and review technical protocols and reports.
- Participate and contribute to project planning, updates, and completion. Effectively communicate experimental results across multiple teams by distilling complex information to readily interpreted conclusions.
- Utilize knowledge and expertise to proactively engage members of Genective R&D team to promote an energetic culture of science and community.
- Demonstrate a core desire for continuous improvement through exchange of constructive advice with other scientists regardless of seniority level.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- PhD in relevant discipline (Genetics, cell biology, molecular biology biochemistry) and research experience working on gene and protein expression are required.
- Experience with plants is strongly preferred.
- Genotyping experience (ddPCR, qPCR) is desirable.
- Experience working with protoplasts (monocot is a plus) or a relatable expression system is a plus.
- Plant biotech industry experience is an asset.
- Track record of successful experimental design, interpretation of data, and communication of results (e.g., publications).
- Proficient in sequence management/analysis software (e.g. Geneious)
- Experience in the development of assays, preferably high throughput (sampling, nucleic acid and protein extraction, quantification of gene and protein expression, data analysis).
- Ability to work, think critically, analyze and interpret data independently as well as collaboratively in a fast-paced and agile environment.
Competitive base salary, relocation support, bonus, 401(K), medical, dental, long-term disability, and life insurance plans, as well as support programs for fitness, education, and employee referral. Find your career and make an impact in a dynamic and informal discovery research environment that is highly collaborative, trusting, and entrepreneurial.THE ORGANIZATION
Genective is a 50/50 joint venture established in 2011 between Limagrain and KWS, two of the world's largest seed companies. With entities and activities in North America, South America, Europe, and Asia, Genective is currently dedicated to the research, development, and marketing of transgenic traits for corn.
As the fourth largest seed company worldwide, Limagrain's mission is to move agriculture forward to meet global food related challenges. Limagrain is a cooperative group founded and managed by French farmers. Its parent company, Coopérative Limagrain, brings together nearly 2,000 farmers located in the center of France. The Group creates, produces and distributes field seeds, vegetable seeds and cereal products. Limagrain is present in 56 countries and has more than 10,000 employees. It makes nearly 2.5 billion Euros of sales with recognized brands on their markets: LG, Vilmorin, Hazera, Harris Moran, Jacquet, Brossard.
KWS is one of the world's leading plant breeding companies. In the fiscal year 2017/18 more than 5,000 employees in 70 countries generated net sales of EUR 1,068 million and earnings before interest and taxes (EBIT) of EUR 133 million. A company with a tradition of family ownership, KWS has operated independently for more than 160 years. It focuses on plant breeding and the production and sale of seed for corn, sugarbeet, cereals, rapeseed, sunflowers and vegetables. KWS uses leading-edge plant breeding methods to increase farmers' yields and to improve resistance to diseases, pests and abiotic stress. To that end, the company invested approximately EUR 200 million last fiscal year in research and development.HOW TO APPLY
If interested, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with
[Molecular & Cell Biologist] in the subject.