Develops implements and monitors project site environmental conditions to comply with environmental agency regulations and mitigate potential environmental liabilities.
- Develops, implements and monitors environmental procedures on a construction project site. Implement and train project work crews and management team regarding potential environmental issues and procedures.
- Identifies documents and resolves project site environmental risks or discrepancies during daily site walks. Documents findings, evaluations and inspections using Company prescribed procedures and software.
- Advises project management on proper interpretation and implementation of environmental regulations and specifications.
- Documents, analyzes and reports environmental performance to internal and external clients and regulatory bodies.
- Advises construction team on environmental hazards and procedures to minimize adverse environmental effects.
- Perform additional assignments per management's direction.
- Performs impact assessments to identify, assess and reduce the project's environmental risks and financial costs.
- Coordinates external consultants, as needed.
- Maintains knowledge of Company's values and strategic plan.
- Support published corporate policies.
- Bachelor's Degree in Environmental Engineering or a related field required.
- 5+ years environmental regulatory and compliance experience in the construction industry required.
- Expert knowledge of compliance with environmental regulations and new legislation.
- Must be fully vaccinated or be willing to become fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or have an approved medical or religious accommodation by date of hire to be considered.
Some of the benefits you may be eligible for as an employee are:
- Comprehensive compensation package and paid time off program
- Industry leading 401(k)/RRSP
- Medical/Extended Health Care, Dental, Vison and/or Provincial Medical
- Wellness benefits & Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
We are an EEO/AA/ADA/Veterans employer.