Are you an experienced Microbiology Clinical Lab Professional? Are you looking to embark on a new challenge in your career, or start your career in Clinical Lab Science? If so, LabCorp wants to speak with you about exciting opportunities to join our team as a Micro Technologist in Mobile, AL. In this position you will work in a fast paced, customer focused, and challenging environment, and will be a part of our overall mission at LabCorp: "Improving Health, Improving Lives".
The work schedule for this position will be Monday - Friday (7:00am - 3:30pm) and alternating weekends. Job Duties/Responsibilities:
- Determine the acceptability of microbiology specimens for testing according to established criteria
- Perform routine and complex technical procedures and functions according to departmental Standard Operating Procedures
- Monitor, operate and troubleshoot instrumentation to ensure proper functionality
- Demonstrate the ability to make technical decisions regarding testing and problem solving.
- Prepare, test and evaluate new reagents or controls
- Report accurate and timely test results in order to deliver quality patient care
- Perform and document preventive maintenance and quality control procedures
- Identify and replenish testing bench supplies as necessary
- Assist with processing of specimens when needed
- Maintain a safe work environment and wear appropriate personal protective equipment
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree in Biology, Chemistry, Clinical Laboratory Science, Medical Technology or meet local regulatory (CLIA & State) requirements
- Minimum 1 year of clinical laboratory testing experience is required for Technologist level
- Previous experience is not required at the Technologist Trainee level
- ASCP or AMT certification is preferred
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Proficient with computers; Familiarity with laboratory information systems are a plus
- High level of attention detail along with strong communication and organizational skills
- Must be able to pass a standardized color vision screen
- Flexibility to work overtime or other shifts depending on business needs
In order to ensure the safety of our patients , this position requires as part of the post-offer onboarding process, successful completion of medical surveillance testing which includes: TB testing; proof of immunity or vaccination for Hepatitis B, Varicella, and MMR; TDAP; proof of vaccination for COVID-19 (must be fully vaccinated: at least two weeks or more following receipt of the second dose in a two-dose series, or two or more weeks following receipt of a single-dose vaccine); annual flu vaccination; and color blind deficiency testing (if required by position). Labcorp will consider reasonable accommodations If you are in need of an exemption due to a medical contraindication/disability or religious belief. If you're looking for a career that offers opportunities for growth, continual development, professional challenge and the chance to make a real difference, apply today! Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our Privacy Statement.