Biology Technician I
Location: Bedford, MA
Duration: 12 months
- Aseptic operations
- Cell culture
- MS Office
- 1-2 years lab experience
- AAS Degree required.
- Will take candidate with HS Diploma if they meet skill requirements
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Perform routine biological lab work, such as, reagent/media preparation, liquid handling, cell culture maintenance, bioreactor assembling and disassembling, autoclaving, lab cleaning, biological waste handling, etc.
- Collect, record, and report experimental data as needed under supervision of project leaders.
- Operate and maintain lab equipment, including but not limited to, biological cabinet, cell counter, cell culture incubator, microscope, water bath, etc.
- Stock lab work areas and storage areas with supply.
- Maintain, organize, and update lab inventory; optimize lab inventory system as needed.
- Track lab orders; pick up and organize delivered items.
- Follow all lab safety practice.
Education and experience:
- Associate degree or above with course work and lab experience in biological science or related major
- At least 1-2 years of experience working in a biological lab (cell culture lab preferred)
Required Skills (These are skills that candidates MUST possess):
- Experience of biological lab operation and management
- Experience of preparing reagent/cell culture media
- Knowledge and experience of aseptic operation
- Experience of working with liquid handling tools
- Knowledge and experience of working with mammalian cell culture
- Experience of operating and maintaining regular lab equipment
- Skilled with Microsoft office tool such as word and excel
- Physical strength to occasionally lift or move up to 20lb weight
- Demonstrated ability to succeed in a fast-paced environment while supporting multiple projects
- Strong communication skill
- Strong team working attitude
- Attention to details
- Ability to quickly understand and learn new areas