Job Functions, Duties, Responsibilities and Position Qualifications:In this role you will:
All you need is:
- Direct and control the operations of the Microbiology and Molecular laboratory including overseeing testing, instrumentation maintenance, staff training, competency assessment, proficiency evaluation, performance management and documentation
- Develop, engage, recognize and support technical and non-technical staff
- Manage department and individual performance by providing feedback and coaching to staff members
- Maintain departmental operating policies and procedures to include departmental programs, quality control, quality assurance and safety
- Review completion of patient test results, quality control results and tracks productivity
- Take corrective action to resolve issues involving test results, quality, instrumentation, compliance and employee performance
- Provide technical training to staff
- BS Degree in Medical Technology, Clinical Laboratory Science, Biology, Chemistry or Physical Science
- Minimum 4 years of (Micro) bench tech experience, required
- Certified MT or MLT from American Society of Clinical Pathologists (ASCP)
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to promote teamwork in a positive work environment
Per the RIDOH and the RI Governor's recent announcement the new regulation under Rhode Island General Laws § 23- 1-1 and 23-1-17 requires all healthcare workers to be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 by 10/1/2021. ESCL is compliant with this regulation and therefore will require all final candidates for hire to provide a copy of their fully vaccinated status.Scheduled Weekly Hours:
East Side Clinical Laboratory, Inc.
Sonic Healthcare USA provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.