Provides technical support and guidance to internal and external customers on issues relating to environmental compliance with Company standards and procedures. Assists in the day-to-day management of Company's Handling Hazardous Materials (HHM) program that includes fielding and responding to requests from Stores / Distribution Centers and working with Hazardous Waste vendor(s) on reporting and projects relating to Hazardous Waste Management. Assists in development of Environmental / Regulatory programs as needed. Initiates, supports, and defines Company environmental programs to meet regulatory needs and establish sustainable operational practices. Utilizes data and creates reports to identify waste trends. Coordinates with Government Relations, Legal, external consultants, and retail associations to understand upcoming legislation, trends, process gaps, and eliminate exposure. Regularly provides data to senior Safety leadership team relating to regulatory activity and overall compliance performance. Follows through with the implementation and transfer of solutions by leveraging various internal and external cross-functional groups. Major Tasks, Responsibilities & Key Accountabilities:
Nature and Scope:
- Lead Project Teams of Analysts and other associates
- Perform data gathering tasks, synthesis - develop solutions, project/strategy planning and data utilization
- Produce documents for teams and leadership to review and utilize. Deliver presentations to teams and executive leaders and sponsors
- Build skills and knowledge including self-development, team knowledge and customer (internal) knowledge.
- Deliver presentations to teams and executive leaders and sponsors.
Environmental Job Requirements: Environment:
- Typically reports to Store Operations Process Manager or Store Operations Business Manager (or Sr. Managers)
- No associates report to this role on a permanent basis, but requires the leadership of a work group: assign and review work, train and contribute to performance appraisal (but not hiring, firing or disciplinary action).
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.Standard Minimum Qualifications:
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States. Education Required:
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job. Years of Relevant Work Experience:
3 years Physical Requirements:
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles. Preferred Qualifications:
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- BS in Environmental Science/Engineering or other related field
- 3-5 years of Environmental or Safety experience
- General knowledge of Environmental and Safety regulatory statute review experience
- Working knowledge of HAZMAT Compliance regulations
- Retail operations experience
- Experience leading high performing teams
- Consulting management and/or project management.
- Strong quantitative skills such as statistics and data analysis
- Problem solving
- Strong Operations, Retail and/or field knowledge