Stream Recycling Solutions
is on a mission to transform end-of-life bits into tomorrow's atoms. We are proud to use advanced science and engineering to specialize in recovering sustainable resources, including precious metals and polymers, from electronic scrap using green technologies.
We believe our team is the lifeblood of our mission and offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes a 401(k) and a range of health benefits.
We are looking for a Manager of Environment, Health, and Safety (EHS)
based in Carlsbad, California, to support the safety culture of 7 plant sites across our network. They'll support our resource recovery facility's commissioning, start-up, operation, and maintenance. They'll be responsible for engaging every department to drive the elimination of incidents, injuries, and property loss.
We are looking for someone to support our front-line team with safety leadership, evaluate and improve hazard management systems, and train development and delivery in the facility.
The successful applicant should have one year of working in EHS and working knowledge of federal, state, and local EHS regulations and standards. They should also have the ability to drive change and relate to others.
- Support local health and safety processes at 7 different plant sites across our network, including JHA, PPE and assessments, behavioral-based safety observations, and ergonomics.
- Oversee and direct shift safety coordinators, ERT/First Responder Team, Haz Response Teams, and Safety Committee at all 7 sites.
- Support local regulatory compliance to include, but not limited to Title V, SPCC, EPCRA, RCRA, and stormwater discharge
- Maintain policies and standards while ensuring all leadership personnel are appropriately informed
- Support the preparation of recommendations for corrective actions to eliminate or minimize potential or existing risks and hazards
- Measure and evaluate the effectiveness of hazard management systems, policies, and procedures with recommended changes that reflect opportunities to eliminate workplace injuries
- Support the site in investigating, analyzing, and reviewing near-misses and incidents to ensure proper corrective and preventative measures are implemented
- Support site in the review of injury and property damage reports, ensuring compliance with worker's compensation regulations
- Compile, analyze, and communicate metrics and KPIs via monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting requirements.
- Develop education and training classes. Introduce and support the EH&S site in the delivery of new topics and refresher classes
- Conduct and coordinate on-site inspections to audit physical conditions and safe work practices, document and track corrective actions, and report findings to Company and Owner Leadership.
- Study ergonomic issues and recommend corrective actions
- Other duties as assigned
- A Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited college or university in Occupational Safety and Health or Environmental work or current enrollment in such program is required.
- A minimum of 1 year of hands-on professional health, safety, and environmental experience in a manufacturing environment are required.
- Certification/Licensure(s) - candidates may substitute OSHA 511 or OSHA 501 Outreach Trainer for degree qualification if they completed courses within the last three years.
- Working knowledge of health, safety and environmental regulations at local, state, and federal levels are required.
What you need to succeed
- Proven ability to be proactive and facilitate change through education and training and by being a team player is required.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral, and the ability to work with all levels of leadership are required.
- Problem analysis and problem resolution with an understanding of the root cause investigative process are required.
- Strong time management and prioritization skills needed to support multiple labor categories are required
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook 365 is required.
The Work Environment
- Team Members must wear protective equipment such as hard hats, safety shoes, safety glasses, air masks, hearing protection, chemical suits, hot gloves and other equipment to perform some duties.
- Work with hazardous materials may be required.
- Although predominately indoors, it may include working outdoors.
- All employees will participate in the Fitness for Duty Program. This program includes a post-offer physical examination, drug screening, and post-employment random drug screening. There are extensive smoking restrictions in and around the facility.
- Must be able to work in elevated areas and confined spaces.
Stream Recycling Services is committed to an inclusive culture where a diverse mix of talented individuals thrive and contribute. This culture is foundational for Environmental Health and Safety's ability to understand, reflect, and connect with employees, leaders, and regulatory bodies throughout the country. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $78,000.00 - $88,000.00 per year