HemoShear Therapeutics is a clinical stage company developing new treatments for patients with rare metabolic disorders. We apply our deep understanding of complex diseases to discover breakthrough treatments for our proprietary pipeline. We also partner with biopharma companies to accelerate their drug discovery and development programs in liver diseases, gout, and metabolic disorders. We are implementing a new vision for how advanced biological systems can yield new insights that improve health and quality of life for patients in need.
We currently have a new opening for a Senior Biologist
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Senior Biologist
will be responsible for leading biology efforts for drug discovery programs in the rare disease therapy area. The role requires a thorough command of biology and a good understanding of the drug discovery process. Experience in cell biology and preclinical in vitro and in vivo models is required and a background in biochemistry is preferred. Creativity and an ability to innovate will be critical as the position will have a heavy scientific focus toward assay development and experimental design. Strong leadership behaviors and organizational skills will be important as this role will involve leading matrix program teams including external CRO team members. This role will report to the Head of Discovery Biology and will based on site
in the Charlottesville, VA
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work collaboratively with colleagues in Exploratory Biology, Discovery Biology, and Medicinal Chemistry to provide functional expertise and leadership in the biology for a small molecule drug discovery project
- A broad understanding of drug discovery process, managing projects in a fast-paced environment is critical for this role. Previous experience working in a matrix environment is preferred
- Drive development and implementation of biological assays and preclinical models needed to support the drug discovery project
- Lead and contribute to the design, execution, analysis and interpretation of experiments
- Execute experimental lab work as needed
- Manage routine testing of compounds in different assays
- Effective leadership and management of external partnerships and Contract Research Organizations through excellent biology/pharmacology skills with clear and open communication
- Doctoral degree (Ph.D.) or equivalent in Biology and 5+ years of experience in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry with a strong track record of scientific innovation, project leadership
- Advanced knowledge of the principles, concepts, and practices in the fields of biochemistry, cellular and molecular biology and pharmacology
- Experience managing CRO resources
- A natural leader with effective organizational, interpersonal, communication, and managerial skills who is able to motivate and inspire others
- Demonstrated technical proficiency, scientific creativity, independent thought, and ability to effectively collaborate with others
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
HemoShear offers a full range of comprehensive benefits to support the well-being of our employees. Career growth and development opportunities are important to the culture at HemoShear. If your background matches the required experience, please apply directly to our website at www.hemoshear.com.
HemoShear Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.