The Director of Environment, Health & Safety, will primarily support domestic and international Remote Events and SportsNext. This role will work with management and production teams, as assigned, to ensure compliance with all NBCUniversal, federal, state, local and/or international environmental, occupational safety and health policies, rules and regulations as applicable. Support is provided via regular on-site attendance at each location as well as remotely from Stamford, CT.
- Develop and implement appropriate safety programs e.g., Injury and Illness Prevention Programs, policies and procedures as necessary to ensure a safe & healthy work environment for all personnel and crew. This includes a ttending remote productions/events to provide input from the EHS perspective and, as necessary, address higher-risk activities that may take place
- Provide EHS-related support both in-person and remotely to all locations, which includes frequent travel throughout the year
- Act as the designated on-site management employee supported to authorize and responsible to establish, administer and enforce a program of safe practices and conduct for all production personnel
- Conduct a review/breakdown of production plans to identify potential EHS issues, e.g. hazardous conditions or locations, unusual activities, etc.
- Provide timely EHS reports and statistics to management to include: KPI reports, leading and lagging indicators, relevant deviations from expected performance
- Present data driven decks to Sr. Management
- Participate (on-site / in-person) in events, surveys and production meetings, as necessary, to understand scheduled production activities and provide guidance for any unresolved issues
- Conduct investigations of accidents, incidents, significant events and emergencies promptly in accordance with company policies and/or applicable laws and regulations
- Track, review and analyze all injuries/illnesses and accident investigations for each production to determine trends, root cause, regulatory compliance & follow-up actions
- Assist operations with preparation and coordination of regularly scheduled audits and reviews
- Provide education & safety training to crew members, supervisors and management in safety awareness, safe work practices, documentation requirements and general regulatory compliance, as necessary
- Establish and maintain the EHS departmental short and long-term goals
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to ensure consistent application of NBCUniversal policies across all productions and evaluate whether these policies are effective
- Actively participate in meetings and be prepared to discuss issues related to assigned events, shows and sites
- Interface with outside regulatory agencies as required, e.g., Fire Department, Occupational Health & Safety (OSHA) representatives
- Participate in the ongoing review of existing EHS programs and creation of new programs
- Represent NBC Sports Group to external professional organizations, peers and employees in a professional manner
- Bachelor's degree in a safety, occupational health or industrial hygiene field or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum seven plus (7+) years' experience in the Environmental Health and Safety field or the television and/or live entertainment industry
- Must have working knowledge of EPA, OSHA, and DOT regulations
- Must have ability to manage multiple priorities and drive implementation of key EHS initiatives
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (with an emphasis on PowerPoint)
- Excellent verbal, written skills and presentation skills and be detail oriented
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
- Position requires the individual to travel domestically and internationally. Ability to work extended hours, weekday nights, and on weekends as needed
- Must be willing to work in Stamford, CT
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or adhere to enhanced protocols if Company determines your job position requires accessing an NBCUniversal worksite
- Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols
- It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal' s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
NBC Sports Group Sourcing & Facilities
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal's commitment and how we are making an impact.
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
NBCUniversal is an equal opportunity employer and will provide reasonable accommodations as required by applicable federal, state, and/or local laws.
Director, Environment, Health & Safety | NBC Universal, Inc.