was founded in 2015 and recently launched the world's first benchtop Digital Genome Engineering platform. The company is growing aggressively, investing in its leadership, team, and technology with a recent $150mm financing round led by Fidelity and TRowe price. The company's advanced CRISPR-based platform, consisting of an instrument, reagents, and software, offers a fully automated workflow that enables multiplexed, trackable editing of cells at an unprecedented scale. Inscripta's mission is to enable scientists to realize the full potential of biology. Due to rapid growth and recent commercialization, Inscripta has an opening for a Director/Sr. Director, Mammalian Cell Biology
, located in Boulder, CO or Pleasanton, CA. Inscripta
is looking for an experienced scientific and team leader for our Mammalian Cell Biology group to achieve innovative product development of Inscripta's genome engineering reagents and platforms. Responsibilities:
- Conceive, propose, prioritize, and drive scientific strategies around innovative cell biological approaches to develop and deliver CRISPR-based reagent technologies that support Inscripta's gene editing products.
- Direct and mentor a team of 10-15 cell biological scientists and research associates designing, screening and optimizing genome editing reagents for successful product integration.
- Provide vision and structure to the organization and operation of a high-functioning team in a matrixed, product development environment focused on delivering high quality results in accordance with requirements across multiple projects and products.
- Provide teaching / training and implement rigorous and robust experimental design and quality control metrics to support generation of the highest degree of quality and reproducible data.
- Direct cross-functional projects across computational science, biology, chemistry, and engineers in a matrixed product development environment.
- Provide subject matter expertise on existing and developing genome editing science and technologies, as well as screening and measurement methodologies, with a goal of consistently driving innovation and improvements to Inscripta's genome editing chemistries and platforms.
- As opportunities arise internally, take on a role as core team member to achieve product development objectives in a matrixed environment, in accordance with corporate goals.
- Work with core team and senior leadership to ensure goals are aligned with strategic direction.
- Ph.D. in genetics, cell biology or related scientific field and approximately 7 to 10 years of relevant industry experience, including 3-5 years' experience leading and mentoring teams of 5 or more scientists and research associates; strong preference for experience in start-up organizations.
If this seems like your dream job, but you're not sure if you qualify, please apply anyway!
- Track record of innovation and scientific creativity in developing solutions for genome engineering reagent system and integrated performance requirements in life sciences / biotechnology industry.
- Experience successfully managing complex projects and adjusting to changing priorities in a product development environment, including developing and executing focused project plans.
- Openness and capability to "lead from the bench" when required.
- Maturity and accountability to lead and deliver on commitments in a matrixed organization.
- Ability to serve as subject matter expert within the fields of DNA repair, gene editing, genetics, cell biology, and ideally, NGS and related genome editing read out technologies.
- Experience positioning projects and individual contributors for success through team member goal setting, continual assessment, feedback and coaching, as well as technical direction and task prioritization.
- Ability to organize, communicate, and present complex technical data, progress and challenges to cross-disciplinary teams, senior management and key stakeholders.
- Outstanding interpersonal, scientific leadership and collaboration skills, including self-awareness and ability to manage complex dynamics.
offers a competitive base salary, bonus plan, benefits package, 401k match and an attractive equity program to all team members. Base Salary Range: $190,000 - $225,000 per year based on experience. Base salary range provided per current averages and expectations. The salary and job title for this opening will be based on the selected candidate's qualifications and experience and may be outside this range. Join us and work with a cutting edge organization creating cutting edge technology. At Inscripta we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our innovation, and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace because the more inclusive we are as a company, the better our work will be. Inscripta is headquartered in Boulder, CO with offices in Pleasanton and San Diego, CA. The role can work out of either location, but Pleasanton workers will travel regularly to Boulder, CO.