We seek a proven Environmental Project Manager to manage projects and work with leadership to grow our NEPA practice. The successful candidate will have an industry reputation to successfully grow projects and client relationships.
NV5 is growing a different kind of consulting firm - a firm of dynamic, motivated, and entrepreneurial technical experts. NV5 is known for anticipating and resolving sustainability, compliance, remediation and restoration needs for the most significant industrial businesses and agency sector organizations. We are a collaborative team of technical and scientific leaders and innovators who keep ahead of trends and requirements. Our experts are trusted advisors to clients across many industries and sectors.
What does all that mean for you? It means you'll be part of a strong team that wants you to succeed and will give you the tools to do so. It means you'll be working with smart and dedicated people who work hard but like to have fun. It means there's plenty of opportunity to increase your skills and share your ideas. And, probably most importantly, we do important work in a business that continues to expand and grow - which means you can develop expand your existing skills, learn from other top experts in the business, and grow your career with us! If that matches where you want to be in your career and how you like to work, let us hear from you!
The ideal candidate is a technically knowledgeable seller-doer with strong inter-personal communication skills and the ability to build client trust and rapport. The ideal candidate will be high-energy achievement oriented with entrepreneurial spirit. They will excel in a collaborative team environment of like-minded experts. The ideal candidate is recognized among their peers for the ability to interpret technical and analytical data and present it in a clear concise and understandable reports and graphics for clients (the layperson). They will promote our brand and build business through high quality work, publications, and technical presentations.
- Guide the NEPA planning process and oversee all aspects of a project, including client contact, budget control and invoicing, schedule, personnel allocation/planning, public interest facilitation, technical approach, and subcontractor involvement.
- Coordinate with clients, regulatory/resource agencies, local governments.
- Manage technical studies and ecological resource teams with assessments and various natural resource surveys.
- Lead the preparation of NEPA documentation including environmental impact statements (EISs), Environmental Assessments (EAs), Categorical Exclusions (CEs).
- Provide quality assurance and quality control for final products to ensure technical accurateness and regulatory compliance.
- Assist in the preparation of proposals and other marketing endeavors.
Qualifications:The Ideal Candidate Will Possess The Following
- Bachelor's degree in natural resources, environmental science, geology, soil science, or related field.
- A minimum of ten (10) years' experience with, and demonstrated expertise in, environmental permitting projects, including National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA), Clean Water Act (CWA) Section 404, Endangered Species Act (ESA), etc. Experience with permitting processes specific to western states a plus.
- A minimum of five (5) years' experience managing projects with ever increasing complexity.
- Experience in mining or power transmission/distribution projects a plus.
- Ability to build and maintain lasting relationships with a range of diverse clients and regulatory agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to complete complex projects in a cost-effective and time-efficient manner.
- Ability to lead projects and project teams.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Exemplary communication skills (written and oral).
NV5 offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, PTO, 401(k) and professional development/advancement opportunities.
NV5 provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. NV5 complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.