Amunix Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a Sanofi company, is seeking an independent and innovative individual to join our Early Discovery group. The candidate will be responsible for plasmid construct design and generation in support of the entire drug discovery/platform development pipeline (Early Discovery, Pharmacology and Bioanalytical teams). In addition to the hands-on molecular biology work, responsibilities will include organization and tracking of all plasmids and primers, along with appropriate documentation/annotation of construct maps in Benchling. The successful candidate must be highly motivated and collaborative to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment across multiple disciplines.QUALIFICATIONS/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- B.S. with at least 3 years of related work experience.
- Strong scientific background and hands-on plasmid construct design and generation for protein expression in mammalian cells and E. coli hosts.
- Work in close partnership with the Protein Manufacturing and Bioprocess team to transfer relevant materials for expression.
- Work in close partnership with scientists from the Early Discovery, Pharmacology and Bioanalytical teams to understand their plasmid needs and keep them up to date on project progression.
- Update databases and notebooks with detailed protocols and plasmid maps.
- The ability to communicate clearly and effectively and build open and collaborative relationships is essential.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and take initiative in problem solving.
Amunix is a Sanofi Center of Excellence that is leveraging our expertise in precision protein engineering to enable the promise of T cell engagers in solid tumors. Our goal is to improve the lives of people with cancer in pursuit of cures through the development and commercialization of breakthrough therapies that harness the immune system. We have designed XTEN, a validated therapeutic half-life extension technology. Our current focus is Pro-XTEN, a next-generation protease activated pro-drug platform, which enables selective activation of potent cancer therapies in the tumor microenvironment. This overcomes a common challenge facing potent immune system activators: on-target, off-tumor toxicity. Amunix's lead programs employ the Pro-XTEN technology to enhance the safety profile of T cell engagers. XPATs (XTENylated Protease-Activated T Cell Engagers) have the potential to make off-the-shelf therapies redirecting T cells to solid tumors a reality.
Amunix provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Amunix complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfers, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Please be advised that Amunix requires that all employees have the COVID-19 vaccination to work onsite, unless the employee has an approved medical or religious exemption.