Lead high school students as they embark on a veterinary medicine-themed program in Costa Rica!
Students earn college credit, participate in lectures, discussions, fieldwork, and lab training, as well as
activities that build leadership and teamwork.
Broadreach instructors are provided with all the materials, lectures, supplements, and activities to lead the
course. They live and travel with the group through the program and must act as energetic and
empathetic role models. In addition to teaching, instructors work with a co-lead to help manage health and
safety, maintain a positive attitude through challenging circumstances, lead games, participate in
service-learning activities, teach, develop students’ personal growth, facilitate inclusive group dynamics
and demonstrate respectful travel.
Broadreach Adventures are fun, rewarding, and demanding. Each course is approximately three weeks
long and is mentally and physically challenging. Instructors also attend a week-long instructor training in
Raleigh, NC. Our most successful instructors are positive, flexible, team players who are able to create a
fun, cohesive, and supportive community.
Groups typically have 8 – 12 students and two Broadreach Instructors. Contracts range from three to
eight weeks from early June through mid-August.
Qualifications for our veterinary summer jobs
● Completed a minimum of 2 years of graduate-level veterinary school or hold a master’s degree in
animal science/related field of study.
● Ability to teach a college level science course using experiential education methodologies,
hands-on activities and demonstrations, including but not limited to pre-op and post-op
procedures. All curriculum materials are provided.
● Experience facilitating a group of young adults and positive group dynamics.
● A passion for mentoring and inspiring students.
● Physically fit and able to participate in adventure activities such as hiking, rafting, etc.
● Strong organizational and multitasking skills to help manage program expenses, a budget,
student documents and logistics.
● Demonstrated success working on diverse teams with a collaborative mindset.
● Great communication skills.
● International travel experience preferred.
● Able to attend Broadreach instructor training June 3-11, 2022.
● Availability from early June to mid-August preferred. One session contracts will be considered:
○ First session: June 18 - July 11, 2022
○ Second session: July 13 - August 5, 2022