Arizona College of Nursing
is seeking a Lab Assistant at our Las Vegas, Campus!Why Should You Work with Us?
Arizona College of Nursing is a rapidly growing organization focused on providing students the opportunity to change their lives through education. Our high quality, academically challenging BSN program prepares students for in-demand nursing jobs in communities across the nation. Driving our growth is the desire to address the nations nursing shortage while providing students the opportunity to pursue their dreams and passion. With eleven campuses across six states, the college is poised to become one of the leading providers of nursing graduates to the healthcare workforce.
Our culture is built around a shared commitment to provide students the resources, education, and support they need to be successful. As a team, we continually embrace our core values and hold each other accountable for living them every day. These shared values are:Passion:
We love helping others succeed.Excellence:
We strive to be the best.Adaptability:
We learn, in part by trying new ideas.Accountability:
We own our results.Integrity:
We do the right thingWhat You'll Do:
The Science Lab Assistant support student academic success by preparing, assisting, and resetting lab sessions.
- Works in conjunction with Dean of General Education and faculty to coordinate instructional lab sessions.
- Assists students with experiments during lab sessions.
- Understands and educates students on proper hazardous waste disposal procedures.
- Stores and disposes of hazardous waste following OSHA and campus safety protocols.
- Enforces lab safety codes in all science lab areas to assure student and colleague safety.
- Communicates professionally with science faculty regarding special needs and maintenance of laboratory facilities.
- Coordinates purchasing of all science supplies and special equipment with General Education Faculty.
- Coordinates service and replacement of laboratory equipment with General Education Faculty.
- Efficiently sets up science labs.
- Organizes and restocks laboratory supplies.
- Accounts for laboratory inventory and reports to supervisor for ordering supplies
- Performs assigned responsibilities, duties, and tasks according to established practices, procedures, techniques, and standards in a safe manner and with minimal supervision.
Other duties as assigned.What We Need From You:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
What We Are Offering You:
- Graduate degree in biology or related field with relevant coursework in Biology, Microbiology, or Chemistry from an accredited program recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
- At least 15 semester credit hours or equivalent in the subject area.
- Ability to read, write, perform basic mathematical calculations, follow oral and written instructions; and knowledge and abilities essential to the successful performance of the duties assigned to the position.
- Familiarity with laboratory equipment.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Competitive pay and opportunities for professional development.
- Dynamic organizational culture within a supportive working environment.
- Rest and relaxation with paid sick leave and holiday benefits.
- Preparation for the future with a 401(k) and company match.