Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins laboratories work with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate.
The Eurofins network of companies is the global leader in food, environment, pharmaceutical and cosmetic product testing and in agroscience Contract Research Organisation services. It is one of the market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies, as well as having an emerging global presence in Contract Development and Manufacturing Organisations. It also has a rapidly developing presence in highly specialised and molecular clinical diagnostic testing and in-vitro diagnostic products.
In over 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to 58,000 staff across a decentralised and entrepreneurial network of 900 laboratories in over 54 countries. Eurofins companies offer a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products.
In 2021, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR 6.72 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.Job Description
The Analyst I prepares and analyzes environmental samples using
standard analytical techniques according to scientific and EPA methodology
in compliance with TestAmerica's Quality Assurance programs and SOP's.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Performs routine lab tasks that provide experience and familiarization with
methods, practices, and programs. These include:
Preparation of samples using standard techniques
Performing chemical analysis using standard techniques
Recording and reporting data and any unusual test occurrences to the
Performing routine instrument maintenance
2. Responsible for performing job functions in compliance with TestAmerica's EHS and QA standards
3. Responsible for general housekeeping in his/her work area
4. Ability to become trained and competent on complex instrumentation including but not limited to gas chromatography, gas chromatography/mass spectrometry, atomic absorption, ICP, and instrument specific data systems. Qualifications
- BS or BA in chemistry or related field. 3 years laboratory experience may
- substitute for degree.
- Laboratory experience helpful
- Previous production-oriented work helpful (awareness and ability to meet
- Analytical and/or General Science
- Scientific methods and method compliance
- Strong Mathematics background
- Knowledge of Standard Operating Procedures
- Knowledge of laboratory procedures
- Laboratory safety rules and chemical hazards
- Reading, writing and speaking skills
- Problem solving skills
- Team participation and meeting management skills
- Time management and organization skills
Use calculator/mathematical formulas and concepts
Complete work within time and quality constraints
Work independently following written or verbal instructions
Cooperate and coordinate both orally and in writing
Follow and learn appropriate protocols in one or more of the following
- Organic preparation
- Metals preparation and analysis
- Gas Chromatography
- Gas Chromatography/Mass Spectrometry
- Radio Chemistry
- Wet Chemistry
- High Resolution preparation and analysis
- Low Resolution preparation and analysis
Position is full-time, with a work schedule of Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm with possible overtime. Training will be the same as your normal shift. Candidates currently living in a commutable distance to Sacramento, CA are encouraged to apply.
What we Offer:
- Excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays
To learn more about Eurofins, please explore our website www.eurofinsus.com.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Eurofins Environment Testing Businesses in US are routinely engaged in Federal Contracts. Federal Government vaccination mandates may apply to staff working in these businesses. Successful applicants may be required to confirm vaccination status or demonstrate eligibility for medical or religious exemptions prior to commencing employment. Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Eurofins Environment Testing Businesses in US are routinely engaged in Federal Contracts. Federal Government vaccination mandates apply to staff working in these businesses. Successful applicants will be required to confirm vaccination status or demonstrate eligibility for medical or religious exemptions prior to commencing employment.