Consider joining Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories where people are the most important element in our chemistry. Celebrating 50 years of service, Lancaster Laboratories is a leading contract lab providing testing and research services in the environmental, pharmaceutical, and biopharmaceutical sciences to clients worldwide.Role Summary
Consider joining Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories where people are the most important element in our chemistry. Celebrating 55 years of service, Lancaster Laboratories is a leading contract lab providing testing and research services in the environmental, pharmaceutical, and biopharmaceutical sciences to clients worldwide.
Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories, a nationally recognized laboratory, is searching for a sample management specialist to work in our Professional Scientific Services QC group support the commercial release of life changing medicines in El Segundo, California.Responsibilities
- Perform environmental monitoring of cleanrooms
- Collect water samples
- Perform microbiological assays such as Gram Stain, Endotoxin, Sterility, Microbial Identification, Growth Promotion, Bioburden and Plate Reading
- Perform visual inspection of final product
- Data entry and trend data
- Assist in investigations regarding out of specifications (OOS) results, address and manage deviations related to micro procedures.
- Routine maintenance of lab equipment and lab spaces
- Perform other duties as required
Basic Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Microbiology preferred with 0 to 2 years of Microbiology lab/Environmental Monitoring experience
- Experience in the application of microbiological techniques such as air monitoring, water testing, surface monitoring, genus and species identification of various microbes
- Experience in aseptic techniques and clean room operations
- Ability to gown for entry into Aseptic core and supporting areas, and lift approximately 25 lbs.
- Ability to pass vision exam for visual inspection
- Knowledge of GMP, SOPs and quality control processes
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Power Point and other applications
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are essential in this collaborative work environment
- Comfortable in a fast-paced small company environment with minimal direction and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities
- Ability to be flexible with schedule, and work overtime as needed
- Bachelor's degree in microbiology, life sciences, or other related degree concentration
- At least 1 year related laboratory experience (microbiology and environmental monitoring in a GMP facility preferred)
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Position is full-time, working 10 hour shifts, Sun - Wed, 06:00am-16.30pm, with overtime as needed. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of El Segundo, California are encouraged to apply.What We Offer
- Comprehensive medical coverage, with dental and vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid holidays and vacation
Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories Professional Scientific Services® (PSS) is a global, award-winning insourcing solution that places our people at our clients' site dedicated to running and managing laboratory services while eliminating headcount, co-employment and project-management worries.
We infuse our 55-year track record of scientific and laboratory operations expertise, as well as HR and great place to work best practices, to recruit, hire, train and manage highly qualified scientists to perform laboratory services using our client's quality systems and equipment.We are looking forward to receiving your application including your expected salary and possible start date via our career website.
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.