GreenBiz Group is a fast-growing media and events company that accelerates a just transition to a clean economy. Through events that galvanize, stories that amplify and peer networks that bond, we define markets and advance opportunities at the intersection of business, technology and sustainability. We are a passionate team of people that builds and empowers communities to confront the threats of climate change and solve the thorniest challenges of our time.
Are you passionate about climate tech and the growing opportunities around next-gen, net zero buildings? GreenBiz Group is currently seeking a part-time Buildings Analyst to join our collaborative and committed team. The Analyst will work to grow and nurture the community of buildings professionals engaging with GreenBiz - including spearheading development of the inaugural Buildings Program, one of six that comprise our flagship VERGE event. The Analyst will report to the Senior Vice President & Executive Director, VERGE and collaborate closely with the other GreenBiz Analysts. Overall compensation for this Part-Time (20 hours a week) role will be provided commensurate with years of experience and qualifications within the following range: $55,000- $80,000.Responsibilities
- Leading on the development and execution of the Buildings Program, which includes:
- Spearheading the development of an advisory board and conducting interviews to understand and synthesize the landscape, informing conference sessions
- Defining the scope and focus of the Buildings Program
- Reviewing and evaluating speaker proposals related to the Buildings Program
- Identifying, recruiting and spearheading coordination with content partners, moderators and speakers to develop the sessions that will comprise the Buildings Program
- Providing feedback on applications for the buildings component of the VERGE Accelerate startup pitch competition
- Consulting with marketing about potential community partners and forging introductions where appropriate
- Consulting with sales about potential sponsors/exhibitors and forging introductions where appropriate
- Scoping out growth opportunities for GreenBiz Group in the built environment sector, including in the areas of:
- Deeper strategic partnerships
- Peer-learning networks
- Additional digital events
About GreenBiz Group
- At least three years experience working in the building environment or related industries.
- Excellent communicator with strong writing and interpersonal skills.
- Strong attention to detail with exceptional time management, organizational and multitasking skills.
- Ability to work internally with colleagues across teams, including sales and marketing and externally with customers and partners outside of GreenBiz.
- Quick thinking, learning and problem-solving capability.
- Comfort working amidst ambiguity and bringing a strategic lense to growing and nurturing a community.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Word, Excel and Google Apps (Drive, Sites, etc.).
- A professional or personal commitment to sustainability.
GreenBiz offers a culture that is collaborative, hardworking and fun. Our office is located in the heart of downtown Oakland, California, just steps away from the 12th St. Oakland City Center BART and AC Transit lines. Currently we are all working remotely from home. Please include a cover letter and resume when applying and familiarize yourself with our website at www.greenbiz.com.
We offer a competitive employee benefits package including:
- Full medical and dental benefits
- Retirement savings options
- Generous holiday schedule
- Discretionary paid vacation time
- Paid sick time
- Two paid volunteer days per year
- Reimbursement for home office expenses
- Employee stock option plan
Equal Employment Opportunity
GreenBiz Group values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBTQIA+ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. GreenBiz Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.
Powered by JazzHR