THIS IS A TEMPORARY POSITION (9 MONTHS OR LESS) - PAYING $15.00 PER HOUR
To apply, please attach a resume and cover letter to your application. This announcement will remain open until FILLED. You are encouraged to apply early!
The mission of the Colorado Department of Natural Resources is to develop, preserve, and enhance the state's natural resources for the benefit and enjoyment of current and future citizens and visitors. In an effort to build diversity and inclusion we welcome applications from people of diverse backgrounds and abilities.
COLORADO PARKS AND WILDLIFE (CPW)
Our Mission is to perpetuate the wildlife resources of the state, to provide a quality state parks system, and to provide enjoyable and sustainable outdoor recreation opportunities that educate and inspire current and future generations to serve as active stewards of Colorado's natural resources. Colorado Parks and Wildlife.
Description of Job
This position is responsible for:
* Assisting with necropsy, including regular lifting of up to 50 lbs, carcass dissection, tissue trimming, sample handling, record keeping, and digital radiology.
* Driving to collect carcasses (statewide), dispose of tissues and complete various office related errands.
* Assisting with tissue sample collection, data entry, and sample inventory in conjunction with statewide chronic wasting disease surveillance.
* Preparing and shipping samples out to other labs for diagnostic testing.
* Organizing archived tissue samples and cleaning/maintaining the necropsy laboratory, freezers, coolers and storage buildings.
Minimum Qualifications, Substitutions, Conditions of Employment & Appeal Rights
Valid driver's license required. Must be able to work outside in all weather conditions and lift 50lbs. Ability to interact positively with the public in various situations. Hunting experience helpful.
* Must be 16 years of age or older.
* Must have a current & valid drivers' license.
* Experience in animal anatomy and tissue dissection preferred but not required.
* Tasks require the use of knives, saws, and other sharp instruments as well as specialized equipment for which training will be provided.
* Working with necropsy samples may result in exposures to infectious and possibly zoonotic diseases. Compliance with personal protective and biosecurity protocols is mandatory and proper personal protective equipment will be provided.
* Vaccination for rabies virus is mandatory and will be provided.
* Specifically looking for a self-motivated individual able to work with a team as well as independently, with excellent organizational, problem solving, and communication skills to accomplish sp ecific goals in support of Colorado Parks and Wildlife's Wildlife Health Program.
* Basic computer skills required (MS Office Suite, Google App Suite).
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
* Effective September 20, 2021, employees will be required to attest to and verify
whether or not they are fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Employees who have not been
fully vaccinated may be required to submit to serial testing in the future. Upon hire,
new employees will have three (3) business days to provide attestation to their status
with proof of vaccination. Vaccinated employees must provide proof of vaccination.
Note: Fully Vaccinated means two (2) weeks after a second dose in a two-dose series
of the COVID-19 vaccine, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine, or two (2) weeks
after the single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson's Janssen vaccine, as defined by the most recent State of Colorado's Public Health Order and current guidance issued by the Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment.
The State of Colorado believes that equity, diversity, and inclusion drive our success, and we encourage candidates from all identities, backgrounds, and abilities to apply. The State of Colorado is an equal opportunity employer committed to building inclusive, innovative work environments with employees who reflect our communities and enthusiastically serve them. Therefore, in all aspects of the employment process, we provide employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, medical condition related to pregnancy, creed, ancestry, national origin, marital status, genetic information, or military status (with preference given to military veterans), or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.
The Department of Natural Resources is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, our agency will assist individuals who have a disability with any reasonable accommodation requests related to employment, including completing the application process, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, participating in the employee selection process, and/or to perform essential job functions where the requested accommodation does not impose an undue hardship. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodation to ensure you have a positive experience applying or interviewing for this position, please direct your inquiries to our ADAAA Coordinator, Janice Santistevan, at Janice.Santistevan@state.co.us or call 303-866-2667 x8647.
E-Verify employer: The Department of Natural Resources participates in E-Verify in accordance with the program's Right to Work for all newly-hired employees Employees are queried through the electronic system established by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the Social Security Administration (SSA) to verify identity and employment eligibility. You may complete section 1 of the I-9 form upon your acceptance of a job offer letter, but no later than your first day of employment and in addition, on your first day, but no later than the third day, you are required to submit original documents to verify your eligibility to work in the U.S. Learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities.
Toll-Free Applicant Support - Technical Help
If you experience technical difficulty with the NEOGOV system (e.g. uploading or attaching documents to your online application) call NEOGOV at 855-524-5627, Mon-Fri between 6 am and 6 pm (Pacific Time). Helpful hints: if you are having difficulty uploading or attaching documents to your application first, ensure your documents are PDF or Microsoft Word files and second, close the document before you attempt upload (attach) it. The Human Resources Office will be unable to assist with these types of technical issues.