Modalis Therapeutics is a publicly traded, pre-clinical to clinical stage biopharmaceutical company committed to translate genome-editing technology (CRISPR-Cas) into transformative medicines. Our proprietary CRISPR-GNDM® technology gives edge in developing next generation CRISPR system for therapeutics applications. Our goal is to discover, develop, manufacture, and commercialize transformative, medicines for patients with serious genetic disorders.
Modalis Therapeutics invests in its employees and offers a variety of benefits: employer sponsored health care and dental care, vision care, RSU distribution, annual target bonus, commute reimbursement, free parking, free on-site fitness center, catered lunches 2x a week, flexible scheduling, paid sick leave, paid parental leave, and employer sponsored 401k! Come join our exciting, growing team and make an impact on gene therapy development!Position Summary
Modalis seeks a highly motivated individual to develop and expand our gene editing/modulation platforms. The individual will join our Research team to apply CRISPR-GNDM® technology to therapeutics development towards eye disease. The candidate is expected to drive success of the projects with opportunities to develop and expand the expertise of CRISPR-Cas technology and gene modulation. The candidate is expected to be detail-oriented, and able to work flexibly.
Experience and knowledge in molecular biology or gene therapy is highly desired. Experience in working with eye and retina is a big plus. The candidate should be scientifically motivated, capable of developing and troubleshooting assay systems.Responsibilities
- Design, perform and advance research in gene editing.
- Analyze the effect of gene editing in cells to be used for drug discovery and development efforts.
- Communicate with strategic partners and CROs for developing the medicine.
- Lead and develop strategic plans to carry the program through pre-clinical to IND filing.
- Work closely with the scientific team and mentor junior staffs.
- PhD in Biological Sciences (e.g. molecular biology, cell biology, biotechnology) or a related field with at least 2 years of hands-on experience in academic or pharmaceutical/biotechnology labs.
- Experience and knowledge in molecular biology techniques and nucleic acid biology.
- Able to set up experiments and assay systems through reading literature and published protocols.
- RNA/DNA manipulation (e.g. enzyme digestion/modification, agarose gel electrophoresis, PCR, RT-PCR) and cloning (plasmid construction, mutagenesis).
- Protein analysis (e.g. ELISA, Immunoprecipitation, SDS-PAGE and Western blotting).
- Mammalian cell culture, cell transfection and sterile technique.
- Experience and knowledge in lentivirus/retrovirus production, and cell transduction.
- Experience and knowledge in eye disease or ophthalmology is a plus.
- Attention to details and meticulous hands are highly desired.
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.