Air Resource Specialists (ARS)
has an immediate opening for a full-time Environmental Compliance Department Manager
. We're looking for a technically-oriented and motivated individual who is ready to serve our business with professionalism, organization and flexibility.
We are a nationally recognized leader in air quality-related environmental monitoring, modeling, compliance, auditing, analysis, and research. Formed in 1981, our staff has a wide range of expertise and experience and is dedicated to broadening the understanding of air quality science and policy.
While professionally representing the company, the Environmental Compliance Department Manager
is responsible for managing a team of environmental professionals, generating work for the company, and representing the company at conferences and tradeshows.Summary of Responsibilities
Experience & Education
- Generate revenue for the Environmental Compliance Department and ensure that business is profitable through sales and marketing efforts
- Support Project Managers in developing project plans, defining roles and responsibilities and the scope of work for each project. Assist in providing company resources needed for successful completion of project work. Function as lead Project Manager for certain key projects and clients for ARS.
- Act as backup to Project Managers, receiving feedback and arranging and completing necessary work and negotiating contracts.
- Support staff in client communications and occasionally serve as the primary communication channel for client, including providing status updates, advising clients and making recommendations.
- Establish and maintain ongoing client relationships with the various parties to anticipate and resolve potential problems. Participate in site visits.
- Work with team to track client and contract status and communicate status to appropriate ARS management and employees.
- Collaborate with the Accounting Department to evaluate project performance and to recommend refinements and improvements of all components of project work and proposals.
- Develop and facilitate the proposal process including budget and pricing development, proposal writing, contract negotiations, and client presentations.
- Forecast workforce requirements and ensure staffing is appropriate based on current and future needs.
- Direct and coordinate activities of personnel. Plan and facilitate the completion of work. Ensure employees are sufficiently billable and workload balance among employees is appropriate.
- Perform personnel duties, managing and evaluating work performance.
- Participate in technical advisory roles to support the entirety of ARS staff, as required.
- Write professional articles for trade magazines.
- Ten years' experience in environmental compliance, most of which in a consulting capacity. Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in a technical or scientific discipline, including but not limited to Environmental Studies, Meteorology, Engineering, Math or Physics. An advanced degree is preferred. Working knowledge of Clean Air Act and underlying regulations. Knowledge and understanding of laws and regulations in other disciplines (e.g., Clean Water Act, RCRA, etc.). Position requires travel to client sites or industry events (conferences, tradeshows, etc.).