Position overview Position title:
Assistant Professor Salary range:
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and based on University of California pay scales. Application Window Open date:
November 5th, 2021 Most recent review date:
Wednesday, Dec 1, 2021 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled. Final date:
Thursday, Jun 30, 2022 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
The Division of Biological Sciences (https://biology.ucsd.edu/), Section of Ecology, Behavior and Evolution, invites applications for a faculty position in Disease Ecology and Evolution at the tenure-track Assistant Professor level. Candidates working on a broad range of research topics, systems, and approaches are invited to apply. Those focused on integrating field, lab, and theoretical approaches for understanding interactions in natural settings are strongly encouraged. Candidates interested in interacting with UC San Diego's School of Medicine, School of Public Health, or the innovative disease vector research being conducted at the Tata Institute for Genetics and Society are also encouraged to apply.
The Division of Biological Sciences at UCSD is a vibrant center of scientific discovery, innovation, and collaboration. Our large research base spans many areas of biology and has one of the most celebrated graduate programs in the country. We are committed to academic excellence and diversity within the faculty, staff, and student body. This is where discovery comes to life.
All candidates must have earned a Ph.D. or equivalent degree, and be committed to teaching at the undergraduate and graduate levels. In addition to excellence and creativity in research and scholarship, successful candidates must also demonstrate a commitment to equity and inclusion in higher education. We are especially interested in candidates who have created or contributed to programs that aim to increase access and success of underrepresented students or faculty in the sciences, or have detailed plans to accomplish such goals.
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and based on University of California pay scales.
Review of applications will commence December 1, 2021 and will continue until position is filled.
Qualifications Basic qualifications
(required at time of application)
- Ph.D. or equivalent degree
- Commitment to teaching at the undergraduate and graduate levels
- Excellence and creativity in research and scholarship
- Commitment to or have created programs that improve equity, diversity, and inclusion in higher education
Application Requirements Document requirements
- Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
- Cover Letter
- Statement of Research - A statement summarizing training, experience and research achievements
- Statement of Teaching - A statement describing prior teaching experience and teaching philosophy
- Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Applicants should summarize their past or potential contributions to diversity. See our Faculty Equity and https://biology.ucsd.edu/diversity/faculty-expectations.html. for more information.
- COVID Impact Statement - We understand that the COVID-19 pandemic may have had a substantial impact on academic productivity. In our academic hiring processes, we will be keeping this in mind as we consider achievement relative to opportunity. We encourage you to reflect on constraints on opportunity in your field that were caused by the events of the pandemic and where applicable, to discuss your achievements in this light.
- Publication 1
- Publication 2
- Publication 3
- Publication 4 (Optional)
- Publication 5 (Optional)
- 3-5 letters of reference required
https://apol-recruit.ucsd.edu/JPF02969 Help contact:
The University of California, San Diego is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, covered veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
As a condition of employment, you will be required to comply with the University of California SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Vaccination Program Policy. All Covered Individuals under the policy must provide proof of Full Vaccination or, if applicable, submit a request for Exception (based on Medical Exemption, Disability, and/or Religious Objection) or Deferral (based on pregnancy) no later than the applicable deadline. Please refer to Appendix F, Section II.C. of the policy for the deadlines applicable to new University of California employees. (Capitalized terms in this paragraph are defined in the policy.) Federal, state, or local public health directives may impose additional requirements.
The University of California prohibits smoking and tobacco use at all University controlled properties.
The UC San Diego Annual Security & Fire Safety Report is available online at: https://www.police.ucsd.edu/docs/annualclery.pdf. This report provides crime and fire statistics, as well as institutional policy statement & procedures. Contact the UC San Diego Police Department at (858) 534-4361 if you want to obtain paper copies of this report.
Job location La Jolla, CA