Come Work with Global Thermostat
Founded in 2010, Global Thermostat is commercializing its unique, multi-patented portfolio of solutions for capturing and removing CO2 directly from the atmosphere to address climate change and power the growing circular carbon economy.
As one of leading Direct Air Capture companies, Global Thermostat is working hard to develop the least resource intensive, lowest cost solution to resolve the climate threat.
Join us, make your mark, and help us in our mission to transform CO2 from a global liability into one of the biggest economic and human development opportunities.Grants Manager
Global Thermostat seeks an experienced Grants Manager, with a minimum of five years of experience, to direct the administrative, reporting, and compliance side of new and existing projects funded by external entities, primarily from the federal government.
We want someone who will seamlessly integrate into the existing team at Global Thermostat's Technology Center in Denver, CO. You will join a smart, educated, and inquisitive team, each of whom is committed to helping to bring to market the climate-scale deployment of Direct Air Capture. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the administrative, reporting, and compliance side of funded projects, working directly with project PIs
- Maintain awareness of new and forthcoming funding opportunities from the government (e.g. U.S. Department of Energy, U.S. Department of Defense) in addition to private industry grant opportunities
- Manage the overall grant efforts organization-wide, optimizing the administration process, preparing progress reports, ensuring compliance with grant regulations, and educating staff on grant requirements and policies
- Continuous Learning - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses. Pursues training and development opportunities. Seeks feedback to improve performance. Shares expertise with others. Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills
- Organization -Works and stores information in an organized manner
- Problem Solving - Develops alternative solutions. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Identifies problems in a timely manner. Resolves problems in early stages. Works well in group problem solving situations
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities. Contributes to building a positive team spirit. Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views. Gives and welcomes feedback. Puts success of team above own interests
- Use of Technology - Adapts to new technologies. Demonstrates required skills. Keeps technical skills up to date. Troubleshoots technological problems. Uses technology to increase productivity
- BS or greater
- 5+ years of experience in relevant role managing funded projects from either grantor or grantee side
- Preferred: Experience directly with U.S. Department of Energy projects
- Language Ability:
- Able to effectively communicate to technical management. Excellent written and oral communication skills. Able to communicate confidently to external parties and give presentations
- Reasoning Ability:
- Define problems, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Computer Skills:
- Competence in MS Office required
- Certificates and Licenses:
?Work Environment / Physical Demands:
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities
Salary Range:Other Benefits:
- Nothing in this job description restricts the Company's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time
- The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to collaborate with peers and colleagues
- Regularly operates a computer and other office equipment
- The person in this position frequently communicates with colleagues and peers about ongoing work and activities. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations
- Must be able to detect and decipher information from close range
How to Apply
- Company Paid Medical, Vision/Dental Care Plan, Basic Life Insurance, 401(k) Retirement Plan Option, and Paid Time Off. This position may be eligible for relocation expense reimbursement.
- If you are passionate about doing your part to address climate change and power the growing circular carbon economy, you can apply by sending us your resume and a cover letter via email at email@example.com, with "Grants Manager" in the subject line.
Global Thermostat uses E-Verify to validate an employee's work authorization status. The verification process is performed in accordance with the E-Verify Memorandum of Understanding.
Global Thermostat is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual's actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.