We are in pursuit of an experienced and motivated Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) Manager
to join a North American manufacturing facility in our Baldwinsville, NY folding carton plant. In this role, you will develop and implement programs and procedures to reduce the frequency and severity of workplace incidents, ensure compliance with federal, state, and local environmental, health and safety regulations, ordinances, and laws, and support a safety culture through training, risk assessments, and safety initiatives. Reporting to the General Manager you will provide on-site leadership, guidance, and assistance to plant staff in achieving superior EHS performance to support operational excellence.How you will impact the company:
What you will need to succeed:
- Experience implementing and managing a comprehensive EHS Management System (ISO_14001/45001)
- Ensure required records, permits, and reports are maintained and prepared according to established guidelines by company, local, state, and federal agencies.
- Implement, administer, and advise others on hazard control programs. Perform and document job hazard analysis, and coordinate activities to ensure corrective and preventative actions are implemented.
- Anticipate, identify, and evaluate hazardous conditions and practices and develop hazard control designs, methods, procedures, and programs.
- Manage the investigation and assessment of work-related injuries, illnesses, and near-misses. Monitor medical incident reports from providers and works with Human Resources on workers compensation and return to work programs.
- Perform applicable internal audits and inspections of facility and operations.
- Train and lead Emergency Response Teams.
- Bachelor's degree in Occupational Health and Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Safety Engineering, or a related field preferred. CSP designation is a plus.
- 5+ years of professional safety and health experience, preferably in packaging or manufacturing.
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge of safety standards, methodologies, and regulations, including OSHA, ANSI, EPA, and NFPA.
- Demonstrated ability in taking ownership and initiative of responsibilities and executing them to meet business needs and deliverables.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize effectively, and show strong organizational skills in a fast-paced business environment while maintaining attention to detail is critical.
- Strong interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills to engage and inspire others to comply with safety policies and standards. Build relationships and effectively communicate with team members company wide.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables and implement solutions to correct.