The Vertex Companies, LLC
(VERTEX) is an AEC firm that offers forensic, engineering, construction, and environmental solutions. We have approximately 600 employees occupying 25+ offices throughout North America. We care
about our clients AND our employees
so we operate with a constant sense of urgency
and always look to add value. This strategy has allowed us to grow
with our clients over the past 24 years at a rate of 30% per year. We have been able to maintain exceptional quality through this constant growth cycle because of our lifetime of learning
program which keeps us ahead of the curve in a constantly evolving economy. Bottom line… we provide a career, not just a job
VERTEX's growing Philadelphia Metro Area office is looking for an experienced environmental scientist, geologist, or engineer to join our expanding Environmental practice. The successful candidate will enjoy the challenge of working on multiple projects on a fast-paced schedule, evaluate properties locally and across the country, provide field oversight on a variety of projects, and assist senior staff with data evaluation, project coordination, and report preparation.Core Responsibilities
Skills & Abilities
- Conduct and prepare Phase I Environmental Site Assessments (ESAs) and Property Condition Assessments (PCAs), Phase II field investigation activities, and environmental sampling (soil, groundwater, soil gas, and indoor air)
- Prepare technical reports in accordance with internal quality control procedures and applicable regulations for senior review
- Prepare tables, figures, boring logs for inclusion in reports
- Assist with scheduling, coordination, and oversight of subcontractor project activities
- Compile and review laboratory and field data
- Prepare and implement Health and Safety Plans
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work with moderate oversight and take direction from senior managers
- MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Proficiency or working knowledge with QUIRE, AutoCAD, TurboCAD, and/or Geographic Information Systems (GIS) programs a plus
- Ability to walk job sites during inspections, sometimes on uneven terrain
- Ability to carry field testing equipment (up to 30 pounds) onto job sites with regularity
- BS in Geology, Hydrogeology, Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering, or related field
- 1+ years of professional experience in environmental assessment activities, including Phase I Environmental Site Assessments, Property Condition Assessments, Phase II Subsurface Investigations, and remediation
- Frequent travel and/or field work (valid driver's license and access to reliable transportation required)
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response Standard (HAZWOPER) 40-Hour training certification required (training provided if necessary)
- OSHA 10-Hour Construction training certification required (training provided if necessary)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
VERTEX is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you require assistance to complete any part of the application process, please contact our Recruiting team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that VERTEX does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, VERTEX will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, VERTEX explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of VERTEX.