Environmental Health Scientist
San Francisco, California
Known for its many landmarks and sightseeing destinations, San Francisco is filled with a variety of different cultures and people. Filled with images of steep streets and cable cars, San Francisco is a major hub on the west coast and sees millions of tourists yearly. Whether you are looking to relocate or are a current resident, job opportunities in San Francisco are abundant.
On Time Talent Solutions is seeking an Environmental Health Scientist to supervise scientific research for environmental health and industrial hygiene.
Environmental Health Scientist Responsibilities:
- Identify, evaluate and recommend a course of action to control potential health hazards
- Develop environmental health and industrial hygiene criteria/standards
- Promote policies, programs, practices and operations for the prevention of disease, illness and injury
- Work independently in either a general or a specialized Environmental Management Program under the administrative and technical direction of higher-level environmental health staff
- Incumbents plan and implement the more complex as well as routine investigations and inspections of food serving establishments, food markets, school cafeterias, school buildings, mobile home parks, recreational facilities, public assembly areas and dwellings in order to detect unhealthy conditions
- Conduct investigations of potential consumer fraud relating to misrepresentation of food
- Reviews and observes utensil washing and sanitizing procedures by testing water temperatures and cleaning agents and facilities to ensure that these meet Federal, State, and local legal requirements.
Environmental Health Scientist Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in the physical or biological sciences