Carpenter Technology Corporation is a leading producer and distributor of premium specialty alloys, including titanium alloys, nickel and cobalt based superalloys, stainless steels, alloy steels and tool steels. Carpenters high-performance materials and advanced process solutions are an integral part of critical applications used within the aerospace, transportation, medical and energy markets, among other markets. Building on its history of innovation, Carpenters wrought and powder technology capabilities support a range of next-generation products and manufacturing techniques, including novel magnetic materials and additive manufacturing.
* Support environmental programs, plans and procedures for compliance with federal, state, and local regulatory and permit requirements across the organization.
* Participate in internal environmental compliance audits and internal ISO14001 EMS audits , working with site representatives to complete any action items.
* Develop and support the implementation of environmental programs, including ISO14001 EMS and Environmental, Social and Governance.
* Manage internal environmental sustainability data collection, analysis and reporting.
* Identify environmental risks and opportunities, collaborating with sites to effect solutions.
* Assist all Carpenter Technology locations as directed by the Corporate Environmental Program Manager and/or VP of Corporate EHS & Security.
* Assists in the development and implementation of new or revised environmental policies, guidelines, and standards.
* Assists in the development of training curriculum.
* Perform all other duties and special projects as assigned.
Required for the Corporate Environmental Specialist
* Four-year degree in Environmental Science, Environmental Policy, Environmental Studies, Engineering, or related field required.
* 2+ years of industrial facility environmental compliance work experience
Preferred for the Corporate Environmental Specialist
* Trained in RCRA, DOT Hazmat Transportation, SPCC and SWPP.
* Title V and/or State-Only Air Permitting experience, including application in a manufacturing setting.
* RCRA Hazardous Waste Management compliance and training experience
* NPDES permitting and compliance experience, including stormwater management.
* SPCC compliance experience.
* Working knowledge in applying Federal, State and Local environmental regulations to manufacturing processes.
* ISO 14001 or other EMS program implementation experience.
* Ability to work well with others to achieve common goals.
* Ability to organize and prioritize tasks for timely completion.
* Ability to work under frequently changing priorities.
Carpenter Technology Company offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including life, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, 401k with company contributions as well as many other options to employees.
Carpenter Technology Corporations policy is to fully and effectively maintain a program of equal employment opportunity and nondiscrimination for all employees, to employ affirmative action for all protected classes, and to recruit and develop the best qualified persons available regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, political affiliation or any other characteristic protected by law. The Company also will recruit, develop and provide opportunities for qualified persons with disabilities and protected veterans.