The Environmental Services Intern will assist the team with performing analyses; research and documentation support for Environmental Impact Reports (EIRs) on a variety of subject areas, including land use, socio-economics, earth resources, hydrology, air quality, noise, cultural resources, etc. and provide general administrative support in environmental document preparation.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Support Project Managers with appropriate research information in order to respond to project documentation requirements
· Ensure requirements of CEQA and NEPA are met by completing analysis and documentation within specific guidelines
· Gain practical knowledge of the environmental consulting industry
· Provide assistance to Project Managers in the preparation, organization and production of EIRs
· Incorporate sub-consultant reports and personal research and knowledge into appropriate sections of environmental documents
· Communicate with various jurisdictions, agencies and sub-consultants to collect and verify information
· Conduct field studies and land use surveys
· Thorough knowledge of and demonstrated facility with written and verbal business English, spelling, grammar and vocabulary
· Keen attention to detail
· Professional demeanor and an ability to handle assignments, as well as confidential information, with professionalism and discretion
· Ability to follow instructions and ask questions
· Positive interaction with others to accomplish tasks
· Efficient written and oral communication skills
· Research and technical writing skills
The position currently operates in a home office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment. This position may require some travel to perform fieldwork. This role may be exposed to a variety of terrains and a variety of weather conditions while performing fieldwork.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee may spend extended periods of time in front of a computer/laptop. The employee is required reach with hands and arms and hand/finger dexterity. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.