Starting Salary: $48,000
Location: Based in Washington, DC
Travel Requirements: 0-25%
Reports To: State Legislative and Municipal Lead
Timeline: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis with a projected mid-June start date.
314 Action is a grassroots community of over 6 million people working to elect scientists who will use science and facts to address some of our most pressing issues like climate change and health care.
In 2020, we helped flip U.S. Senate seats in Arizona and Colorado by drafting Capt. Mark Kelly and former Gov. John Hickenlooper to successfully run for office. After raising more than $22 million in grassroots donations, 314 Action helped elect nearly 20 scientists at the federal level and over 100 scientists at the state and local levels. Of these scientists, 57% were women, 23% were candidates of color, and 24% were first-time candidates for public office.
314 Action and its mission to elect scientists at all levels of government have been featured in pieces by numerous news outlets, including , , , , , and .
As part of a collaboration with Doctors in Politics, a PAC dedicated to electing physicians who believe all policy is health policy, 314 Action is looking for a Distributed Organizer to join the State Legislative & Municipal Program within our growing Campaigns Team. The Distributed Organizer will organize STEM professionals, focusing heavily on and always inclusive of physicians to take a variety of issue advocacy and electoral actions (voting, volunteering, donating, writing letters to the editor, showing up at state legislative and municipal meetings, etc.). The Distributed Organizer will also coach Local Leaders to drive organizing efforts in their communities.
- Run text-banks and phone-banks to engage STEM professionals, focusing heavily on and always inclusive of physicians
- Meet 1:1 (virtually) with STEM professionals, focusing heavily on and always inclusive of physicians to guide their advocacy efforts.
- Coach Local Leaders to plan events and grow their STEM Dem communities.
- Ask engaged volunteers to take the first steps towards running for elected office.
- Other duties as assigned after meeting metrics in collaboration with Doctors in Politics
- Experience coaching or organizing volunteers.
- Experience working with STEM professionals, especially physicians.
- Experience with distributed organizing models, and managing volunteers remotely.
- Familiarity with organizing tools, especially Impactive.
- A willingness to adopt a flexible work schedule (for example, to host phone-banks on weekends or evenings when volunteers are available).
Full-time employees of 314 Action will have access to the following benefits upon meeting eligibility criteria:
- 100% employer paid premiums for dental, vision, and platinum health insurance
- 401k Retirement Plan with up to 6% employer matching
- $500 Quarterly Tech Stipend
- $50 Monthly Transit Benefit for eligible employees located in DC and Philadelphia.
- Up to 15 days of paid vacation time per year
- Up to 10 days of paid sick leave per year
- 11 paid holidays per year. Additionally, our offices are closed between Christmas Eve and New Year's Day. Other religious holidays can be taken as extra paid days off for those who observe religions.
- Holidays can be taken as extra paid days off for those who observe religions.
- Hybrid work environment: While staff have the ability and choice to work in person at our DC and Philadelphia Offices, 314 will continue to offer remote work options.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should apply online via this online application form. This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled. Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of this position will be considered applicants and will receive responses from 314 Action. If you'd like more information about the opportunity prior to applying, please feel free to set up a time with Raub Dakwale by emailing email@example.com. Thank you for your interest.
All 314 Action staff will have the option to work in person at the 314 Action office. Directors will have the flexibility to arrange schedules with their team members, to ensure we benefit from in-person collaboration but still allow for part-time remote work. All 314 Action employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of their employment.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
314 Action provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Powered by JazzHR