First Quality was founded in 1989 and, in nearly three decades, has grown to be a global privately held company with over 4,000 employees. Its corporate offices are located in Great Neck, New York, with manufacturing facilities and offices in Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Georgia, and Canada. First Quality is a diversified family of companies manufacturing consumer products ranging from Absorbent Hygiene (adult incontinence, feminine care, and baby care), Tissue (bath and towel), and Industrial (print and packaging materials), serving institutional and retail markets throughout the world. First Quality focuses on private label and branded product lines.
Our core business philosophy is built on a proud culture driven by safety and quality, respect, humility, integrity, customer focus, and teamwork. With leading edge manufacturing technologies and processes and visionary leadership, First Quality is positioned to continue significant growth in the coming years. We are seeking an experienced Environmental Health & Safety Engineer
for our First Quality Products
facilitylocated in McElhattan, PA. This position will be responsible for providing
technical skills in the operation and support of the environmental health and safety program to maintain an accident-free work environment and ensure compliance with regulatory agencies. Primary responsibilities include:
The ideal candidate should possess the following:
- Aspires to achieve a zero injury culture through visible support of the injury prevention and safety program.
- Active facilitation or participation in safety meetings and training sessions.
- Ensure required safety training is complete for all employees and maintain training records.
- Participate in the new hire safety orientation process.
- Assist organization in controlling hazardous working conditions and unsafe employee activities.
- Conduct regular walk through safety inspections to identify hazards, document findings, recommend corrective actions and follow through to ensure corrections have been made.
- Assist in establishing policies for preventive actions through studying accidents and potential risks in general work environments.
- Investigate accidents, identify root cause, and assist in implementing corrective actions.
- Assist in coordinating and overseeing the return-to-work program for injured workers.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with all employees, vendors and customers.
- Facilitate communication of company safety policies, procedures and standards with all visitors, including contractors and vendors.
- Track accidents on the monthly incentive log.
- Complete administrative responsibilities and documentation, including training records, accident/incident reporting, OSHA log updates, employee files and workers compensation claim filing.
- Maintain safety data sheets.
- Assist in overall workers compensation administration.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of three years experience in Environmental, Health And Safety field.
- Bachelor's degree in Occupational Safety / Health or related field is preferred.
- Basic First aid and CPR certified is preferred.
- Self-starter with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills are required.
- PC proficiency is a definite.
- Thorough understanding of regulatory compliance of all local, state and federal safety requirements (OSHA).
- Good working knowledge of EPA regulations.
- Ability to recognize hazardous situations and recommend corrective actions.
- Work in an environment with the potential for exposure to dust during certain tasks.
First Quality is committed to protecting information under the care of First Quality Enterprises commensurate with leading industry standards and applicable regulations. As such, First Quality provides at least annual training regarding data privacy and security to employees who, as a result of their role specifications, may come in to contact with sensitive data.
First Quality is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identification, or protected Veteran status.