This position is located in the Department of the Interior, Office of the Assistant Secretary Insular and International Affairs, Office of International Affairs (INT), International Technical Assistance Program (ITAP). The incumbent is responsible for assisting in the implementation of projects for ITAP. This is a Term appointment not-to-exceed 13 months with the potential to be extended on an annual basis for no more than a total of four (4) years. At the full performance level (GS-13) the major duties of this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Designs, develops, and implements various technical assistance projects related to natural and cultural resource management, and other DOI themes, as appropriate.
- Independently selects technical teams, ensures proper travel preparation, and provides briefings to ITAP travelers and researches, analyzes, and resolves issues related to preparing teams for technical assistance operations overseas, in the U.S., or virtually.
- Drafts agreement documents to develop partnerships and monitor partner progress. Drafts technical mission reports for delivery to funding partners.
- Develops outreach and briefing materials on technical assistance projects. Organizes outreach events.
- Represents INT at meetings, events, and conferences within DOI; at the State Department, USAID, other government agencies; overseas during project activities; and to international and conservation organizations.
- Maintains internal budget documents and monitors expenditures and reports against projects budgets. Recommends solutions to streamline project implementation.
- Serves as Contracting Officer's Representative (COR).
- Maintains awareness of news and political interest in relevant activities and flags for leadership as appropriate.
Please note that this position requires some domestic and international travel, in some cases to remote areas. The work is typically conducted in an office setting. However, work is also in countries where high risk may exist due to national political instability. On these occasions, the incumbent must have the ability to adapt to unique cultures and customs, which affect the processes involved in achieving the project objectives.OS has determined that the duties of this position are suitable for telework and the selectee may be allowed to telework with supervisor approval.COR certification is not required to enter on duty but must be obtained within a reasonable amount of time after appointment to this position.Washington, DC Salary Range Information (Per Annum): *
First time hires to the federal government typically start at the beginning salary in the range for their respective grade level. GS-11: $74,950 - $97,430GS-12: $89,834 - $116,788GS-13: $106,823 - $138,868Virtual Base Salary Information (Per Annum):
The salary for the selectee will be adjusted to include based pay entitlements (e.g. Cost of Living Adjustment) as it pertains to the remote work location. GS-11: $56,983 - $74,074GS-12: $68,299 - $88,792GS-13: $81,216 - $105,579
First time hires to the Federal government normally start at the lower salary range of the grade level.
This vacancy may be used to fill additional positions as vacancies become available.
This vacancy is also announced as OS-1500-22-KS-061(MP)
for those applicants who wish to apply and be considered under Merit Promotion procedures.
Conditions of Employment
- You must be a U.S. Citizen.
- You will be subject to a background/suitability investigation/determination.
- You will be required to have federal payments made by Direct Deposit.
- You must submit ALL required documents and a completed questionnaire.
- Selective Service: If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, you must certify that you have registered with the Selective Service system, or are exempt from having to do so under the Selective Service Law. See http://www.sss.gov/.
QualificationsMinimum Qualification Requirements:To qualify for this position, you must meet the Specialized Experience for the series to which you are applying.
Specialized Experience:In order to qualify, you must meet either A, B, or C below, for the grade to which you are applying.A. GS-11 Specialized Experience:
To qualify for the GS-11
, you must possess at least one full year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-09
grade level in the Federal service, or comparable experience not gained through Federal service. Specialized experience is experience that equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position, and that is typically in or related to the work of the position to be filled. Specialized experience is defined as demonstrated experience:
MUSTHAVE AT LEAST TWO OF THE ABOVE.-OR-B. Education:
- preparing communication and outreach materials for a variety of stakeholders regarding natural and cultural resource management issues; OR
- assisting with the implementation of projects related to environmental and/or conservation issues overseas, for example wildlife conservation, protected areas management, indigenous issues, oversight of extractive activity, or tourism development; OR
- analyzing economic, social, cultural, and/or political factors in countries or regions to determine if technical assistance from the organization might be necessary;
You may substitute graduate education for experience if you have achieved:
- 3 full years of higher-level graduate education leading to such a degree or LL.M., if related.
A combination of successfully completed graduate level education (only successfully completed education beyond the second year (or 36 semester hours) is creditable towards meeting this requirement) and specialized experience equivalent to the GS-9 level that meets 100% of the requirement for this grade level.NOTE:
Applicants utilizing education to qualify at the respective grade level must provide transcripts (unofficial are acceptable) in order to verify that the educational requirement has been met. The documents must be received by the closing date of the announcement. Failure to provide this information will result in your receiving an "INELIGIBLE"
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org