Guidehouse is a leading global provider of consulting services to the public and commercial markets with broad capabilities in management, technology, and risk consulting. We help clients address their toughest challenges and navigate significant regulatory pressures with a focus on transformational change, business resiliency, and technology-driven innovation. Across a range of advisory, consulting, outsourcing, and digital services, we create scalable, innovative solutions that prepare our clients for future growth and success. The company has more than 10,000 professionals in over 50 locations globally. Guidehouse is a Veritas Capital portfolio company, led by seasoned professionals with proven and diverse expertise in traditional and emerging technologies, markets, and agenda-setting issues driving national and global economies. For more information, please visit: www.guidehouse.com . Responsibilities
Interested in working with talented people to help develop innovative solutions to some of society's most complex and challenging problems?
We are Guidehouse, a leading consulting firm serving the public sector and commercial clients with specialized capabilities in strategy, technology, and risk management. You may not yet know our name, but we have a rich history. Guidehouse is a combination of PwC's former U.S. public sector practice and Navigant's deep expertise in energy, financial services and healthcare.
We offer an exciting, fast-paced environment that fosters intellectual growth and rewards individuals based on impact, not tenure. Our firm is at the forefront of an emerging model solving complex problems that stretch across government and private companies, affording our people the opportunity to be on the cutting edge of the consulting profession. By focusing on markets facing transformational change, technology-driven innovation, and significant regulatory pressure, our employees also develop and deploy world class knowledge and problem solving that leads to breakthrough solutions.
Our Energy, Sustainability & Infrastructure team provides political, strategic and management consultancy to institutions and companies across the energy value chain that aim to support and finance the energy transition. Our strength lies in our strategic understanding of complex relations between technology, policy, business and finance, and our ability to translate that into actionable advice for our clients.
The Client segment Investors & Large Corporates serves both the financial sector as (energy intensive) industries in multiple global value chains in navigating a complex world of energy transition, climate change, and in financing and realizing sustainable, available, reliable, and profitable products, processes and business models. Our strength lies in strategic understanding of complex energy transition, climate and sustainability issues. The Client Segment is positioned as the trusted and independent advisor giving strategic advice at corporate decision-making level; the thought leader bringing innovative solutions, from knowledge to insight to impact (help make it happen).
As a member of the Investors team and you will consult various clients from the financial industry on their sustainability journey. You will work on diverse assignments that may vary measuring climate-related impacts of loans and investments, developing climate strategies for financial institutions, understanding and reducing climate-related risks, to taking climate action and capturing opportunities from the energy transition and financing industrial de-carbonization. In this role you will learn, be challenged and develop skills at a fast pace. In addition to hands-on experience, formal training programmes will teach you the diverse skills you need to succeed. You will contribute to and manage complex projects . Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree with a focus on (sustainable) finance, banking, business administration, (energy) economics, (energy) business management, sustainable energy, applied mathematics, physics, or related discipline
- 5-8 years working experience in related fields to include internships at the corporate level
- Project management skills and ability to demonstrate understanding of the project objectives and client expectations
- Familiar with financial analysis and analytical research
- Strong communication, writing and presentation skills
- Passion for sustainability, innovation and personal development
- Must be able to work fluently in English (written and spoken)
- A team-player who demonstrates the willingness and ability to work effectively in diverse teams and collaborate with colleagues at all levels
- A critical thinker with a strong eye for detail and creative in problem solving
- Able to show a working knowledge of data collection, organizational and analytical skills
- Comfortable communicating and willing to be coached in presenting to colleagues and clients
- Experienced with PowerPoint and Excel
- Ability to travel as needed
- No sponsorship is available for this position
In addition to the above listed qualifications:
- Master's or MBA
- First hand knowledge of sustainable finance and banking
- Experience in sustainable finance and/or sustainable banking
- The successful candidate must not be subject to employment restrictions from a former employer (such as a non-compete) that would prevent the candidate from performing the job responsibilities as described.
- With a unique blend of large firm resources and an entrepreneurial collaborative culture, Guidehouse is where your purpose, passion, and expertise transform organisations. Guidehouse is a leading global provider of consulting services to the public and commercial markets with broad capabilities in management, technology, and risk consulting. We help clients address their toughest challenges with a focus on markets and clients facing transformational change, technology-driven innovation and significant regulatory pressure. Across a range of advisory, consulting, outsourcing, and technology/analytics services, we help clients create scalable, innovative solutions that prepare them for future growth and success.
- Headquartered in Washington DC, the company has more than 10,000 professionals in more than 50 locations. If you're passionately motivated to make a difference and deliver exceptional work, we invite you to learn more about your career opportunities at guidehouse.com
- Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.