ERM is seeking an entry-level Climate Change Advisory Consultant to join our sustainability advisory services team in San Francisco. In this role, you will contribute to the development and growth of ERM's sustainability and climate change business.
ERM delivers a wide range of climate change services including Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosure (TCFD) analysis, strategy development, target setting, benchmarking, greenhouse gas (GHG) inventory and verification, and CDP disclosures. We help develop and implement climate change programs across a broad range of industry sectors for global companies and financial institutions.
* Collect, manipulate, and analyze large datasets to frame technical climate topics for a range of audiences.
* Assist in developing practical and measurable sustainability and climate change programs including vision, targets, metrics, data collection, GHG and environmental inventory development and verification.
* Analyze physical and transitional climate risks in alignment with the TCFD framework.
* Support clients responding to the DJSI, CDP Climate Change, Water, and Forest Questionnaires, and other public disclosures.
* Conduct desk-based research and synthesize information into key themes to develop conclusions and clearly communicate written recommendations.
* Assist ERM Partners and Project Managers to effectively deliver projects.
* Stay knowledgeable of trends in the field.
* 1 to 3 years of experience.
* A Bachelor's (required) or Master's degree (preferred) in engineering or basic/applied science (such as physics, chemistry, material science, environmental science, earth sciences, etc.) or economics. Or equivalency of 8+ years related experience.
* Attention to detail.
* Ability to think critically through systems and processes.
* Experience working with GHG datasets and international standards, and some technical understanding of GHG measurement, inventories and reporting.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite software, specifically advanced level Excel (ability to perform advanced equations, graph, learn new functions quickly).
* Interest in a career in consulting and demonstrates a passion for serving clients.
* Effective written/verbal communication, demonstrated through a writing test.
* Ability to recognize when to ask for help and how to identify appropriate resources to accomplish tasks as needed.
* Ability to multi-task, maintain flexibility, travel, and work independently with minimal supervision.
The ideal candidate will also have:
* Proficiency with other programming and/or data analysis software (PowerBI, VBA, R, SQL, Tableau Desktop, Watson Analytics, etc.).
* Experience with life cycle analysis with SimaPro or GaBi.
* Excellent proofreading and technical editing.
* Proficiency in GIS.
Who We Are:
As the largest global pure play sustainability consultancy, we partner with the world's leading organizations, creating innovative solutions to sustainability challenges and unlocking commercial opportunities that meet the needs of today while preserving opportunity for future generations.
At ERM we know that creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment is an essential part of making our company a great place to build a career. We also see our diversity as a strength that helps us create better solutions for our clients. Our diverse team of world-class experts supports clients across the breadth of their organizations to operationalize sustainability, underpinned by our deep technical expertise in addressing their environmental, health, safety, risk and social issues. We call this capability our "boots to boardroom" approach for its comprehensive service model that allows ERM to develop strategic and technical solutions that advance objectives on the ground or at the executive level.
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter. Based on review of these responses, shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
ERM is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Thank you for your interest in ERM!