This position will require the applicant to perform a variety of complex technical duties, including
the generation and reporting of data from single cell expression profiles from a 10xGenomics
Chromium platform, high sensitivity protein assays using the Quanterix HDX platform, and
from a variety of microarray-based assays in an Illumina iScan platform. The work will be carried
out in support of researchers via core services offered by the Molecular Genomics Core at the Molecular Physiology Institute.Work Performed
Required Qualifications At This Level
- Carry out a variety of complex technical duties involved in conducting biological, genomic, and transcriptomic experiments to obtain data for core services customers' research purposes. Be able to repeat experiments for core services in an accurate and precise manner for each project.
- Communicate with customers regarding experimental setup and run, scheduling, expectations, sample receipt, and data delivery.
- Maintain/update electronic project paperwork following each service performed; including online laboratory notebook, inventory, and task scheduling program.
- Confer with core director and manager regularly to review work assignments and develop plans for research experiments.
- Review laboratory methods manual, scientific journals, abstracts, and other literature for information applicable to research experiments.
- Determine and/or prepare required reagents, consumables, instruments required for specific tests and plan accordingly.
- Maintain inventory of reagents, consumables and equipment for performance of duties; clean and maintain laboratory equipment.
Work generally requires a bachelor's degree in botany, biology, zoology, psychology or other directly related scientific field.Experience
None required above education/training requirement.
Powered by JazzHR